Internet and Oil Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duh...thanks for the heads up on the link. I notice that if you add the second letter of the alphabet to the front of the URL, it works a lot better.

Plus, a '96 Caprice or Impala doesn't have a 350. The LT1 in those was a 346 last time I checked. I know OAI wouldn't make that mistake, so this must be a forgery. :)

I think it's very old creative fakery.

The Mo over range was probably an equipment limitation in '98. For the idiot to say it's a problem with oil is just stupid beyond stupid.

Can someone inject the dead horse icon in this thread?

quote:

Originally posted by TomJones76:
Plus, a '96 Caprice or Impala doesn't have a 350. The LT1 in those was a 346 last time I checked. I know OAI wouldn't make that mistake, so this must be a forgery. :)

Wrong, LT1s were 4.00" Bore and 3.48" stroke. Do the math.

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:

quote:

Originally posted by TomJones76:

Wrong, LT1s were 4.00" Bore and 3.48" stroke. Do the math.

Doh. My bad. Retraction here.
Oh well. Fascinating thread anyway. I *hate* deceptive advertising masquerading as fact.

I dont buy into marketing hype...I have access to a dyno and all the oil analysis I want....4 ball wear this.....release all your horsepower that....it isnt just one sleezbag....there is misrepresentation everywhere in the auto aftermarket and supply business.....JiffyLube is a prime example....The Tornado...please.....STP...hand me my gun please...Amsoil would be well served to do away with the entire Mary Kay/ Tupperware party concept of marketing a fine product...it only distracts/confuses/sickens many a gearhead and is hurting their bottom line.....Mebbe when the old man steps down the boys will fix this mess....

quote:

Originally posted by sgtgeek:
...Amsoil would be well served to do away with the entire Mary Kay/ Tupperware party concept of marketing a fine product...it only distracts/confuses/sickens many a gearhead and is hurting their bottom line.....Mebbe when the old man steps down the boys will fix this mess....

cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back