previous, in '98 when it appeared we ask for the complete test but it
was never forthcoming. Apparently the test was done by Amsoil but
given to a dealer to post. We suspect it is bogus and at least
misleading.

The wear metals could be just a manifestation of installing a new oil
and it's reaction with oxides on the surface. The values are in parts
per million and don't by themselves indicate excessive wear. It
should be noted that these tests have a tolerance of about 20% and
are not designed to differentiate a good oil from a bad one.

We certainly do have molybdenum in our oil, it is a beneficial
additive and the reason we use it. I suspect the level is over what
they expect from an oil, it may exceed the range of their test, most
oils don't contain any. I am sure the lab isn't suggesting we change
the formulation of our product.

The TBN value is very likely false, either a bad test result or an
intentional manipulation of the test. An engine operating properly
wouldn't show that TBN level within 1000 miles, definitely not what
we see from our tests. It is also possible that they used the Race
Oil, a non detergent oil to produce misleading results.

These inexpensive tests misread the esters used in our oil as
oxidation, a meaningless result with our oil.

Regards, Dave
Red Line Oil

I found this link awhile back. Was curious about what RL thought of it so I sent it to them.
tongue.gif

[ March 02, 2006, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: 59 Vetteman ]

What a bogus misreading of a oil analysis interpretation! I don't care what brand it is!

The reason wear is high is because dirt was ingested at a high rate.

Oxidation is way out of calibration thus the high level.

Redline( Dave) is wrong in that most oil analysis elementals using ICP can be as accurate as 2 %. Only some oil adds will show variance and that is normally less than 15%. Since I know the oil adds used in most formulas it is not a problem when we interpret results.

Whoever posted this online needs to get a professional lab and tribologist to interpret the data properly. If I was Redline oil company I would be on this piece of poor press. Of course they don't honor oil analysis as a good measure of their products.
confused.gif

Terry

quote:

Whoever posted this online needs to get a professional lab

Don't you see test was done by Amsoil? or maybe they don't have professional UOA lab...
grin.gif

This is very similar to drive-by news reporting in that snippets are taken completely out of context to infer this or that, which is obviously what happenend here.

This is bogus, blatent, and technically lacking in descent UOA reporting.

quote:

Basically, it simply indicates that the Molybdenum is over the acceptable range which would seem to indicate that Red Line might be using excessive amounts of a solid extreme pressure agent.

Hogwash. Moly DTC is used as a super-duper friction modifier, not as an EP agent. And it's not a solid element, it's an oil soluble compound; what a crock!

The oxidation, as Terry said, is out of whack because their calibaration to this oil is out of whack. What they should have done is taken Redline virgin oil, run the oxidation test, and then compare to see how much oxidation had actually increased.

Amsoil needs a corporate policy to curb this kind of abuse among their dealers, and then enforce it.

Amsoil DOES approve our webpages!!!

Amsoil doesn't have the manpower to enforce this crap at every level. You will notice that he doesn't have this article on his front page with the approval graphic nor does he have the registered Amsoil logo on that poo-poo page.

I don't have the time, will or energy to turn every punk dealer in. That guy is a loser and to be honest I don't think it's cool that Buster put a link to that jerkoff's site. As far as the dealer is concerned it's FREE advertising on BITOG!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

quote:

Amsoil needs a corporate policy to curb this kind of abuse among their dealers, and then enforce it.

I agree entirely.

An important point from Pablo - "You will notice that he doesn't have this article on his front page with the approval graphic nor does he have the registered Amsoil logo"

The fact that he couldn't get his page approved by Amsoil is some pretty heavy evidence that something is wrong...

Pabs,

This guy is moving up the food chain in Amsoil, not a street corner dealer. Been sprouting this stuff since 1966. The following is a quote off His site:

quote:

This is a Regency Silver Direct Amsoil Jobber offering Premium AMSOIL Synthetic Oils,
All opinions expressed on this site are solely those of Michael Kaufman and not necessarily those of AMSOIL Inc.

quote:

That guy is a loser and to be honest I don't think it's cool that Buster put a link to that jerkoff's site. As far as the dealer is concerned it's FREE advertising on BITOG!!!!!!!!!!

Pablo is very correct, but sometimes you have to shine a light on a rat to see it. Was this article intended to persuade RL uses, or potential RL users to switch to Amsoil ?! Hardly. The article was intended to inflame, bring attention to the website, and catch the unsophisticated.

Amsoil needs to squash these rogue dealers if it is to survive. I've used Amsoil in the past with good results, but I won't support a company any further that allows it's dealers to deceive the public. The way Amsoil is set up for marketing lends itself to this kind of abuse.

I only have an issue with certain Amsoil dealer's. I do know for a FACT, that many so called "direct jobbers" spread a ton of false information. Yes it is kind of ridiculous that I even care, but I'm glad this is a forum where we can burry these kind of fale claims and all agree that most of these dealers flat out lie.

This kind of stuff is why Amsoil has such a terrible reputation. A few scummy dealers tarnish the reputations of the honest ones.

As far as I know many Amsoil dealers have at least several websites with ranges from honest and knowledgeable outlook on offered products to quick money making schemas..'Use your computer, work from home, be your boss etc... Should I post few links to proof?

Very interesting, M_C. I just tried it and found the same as you did.

I just wonder if Amsoil might be showing its disapproval.

Although I haven't yet used Amsoil yet, I do know we have some very good dealers as site sponsers and maybe others who are members of this forum. I'm fully convinced these guys will be straight shooters with us. I believe their products to be of very high quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back