Internal linking problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having some linking problems with the board. For example in this thread
RMI-25

When I click on the posted links, I am taken to the forum home page. Is anyone else having this problem?

Not before you mentioned it. The only funny thing that I see is that somehow it appears harder to get linked to the last post than it is to come in on the main header :shrug:

Quote:

SO you had no problems with thetansedan's links?

Maybe it's a firefox thing on my side

No. I said that I had encountered no problems with links before you mentioned it. I guess no one linked me to the problem areas.
smile.gif

They don't work with ff 1.5.0.7

XS650 ..have you tried the links on the referred page?? The link to that page works fine. The links in the page take you to the main page.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=37;t=000403

One thing that may make sense to someone. When you search to find a page ..it stays a "search" page ..even when you refresh it. The url will include the search critera in it (for example xxxxyyyzzzz+Gary+AllanzzzyyyyVVV etc.). Only when you post in that searched url does it turn into a normal url that we have now. (showflat..etc.)

I "stealth bumped" a 2004 post to see what it looked like. (stealth bumping is posting and then deleting your post ..a universal troll prank to crank someone up with 2 year old data)

Last edited:
The old internal links, those that start with "http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?", no longer will work. After the conversion the link no longer referred to the original message but to a different message. Because so many people had bookmarks using the old prefix, we added a redirect to the main page on the new forum.

There was no linkage or logic from the old message to the new message so no way to run global commands on them. Unfortunately, the upgrade process did not operate on links within messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back