Interesting Filter Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I got in a Mighty M81 filter on a 1998 Durango. This filter was the Crysler filter in the Mighty line years ago and was superseded by the M4670 which most of you are familiar with. I know for a fact the M81 was discontinued over 6 years ago. I cut it open and am not sure what it is. It is like a Purolator/Fram hybrid. It had a threaded end bypass that was pretty marginal looking, cardboard endcaps, and a center tube that looked exactly like a Fram. It also had a string tied around the media like Purolator. The media was sealed together with a metal crimp. This might be the mystery filter line that Purolator used to produce in a now defunct plant that I have heard a few people here talk about.

Anyone here have any guesses on what this thing is, not a big deal but got my curiosity up.

They do now, but this one was definitely not a Champion. It was the older White can with red and gray striping. I dont think Mighty switched to Champ until 1999 or so.

The owner coulda bought 50 of em when they went on half price and just now got around to using it..?
But if it WAS installed 6 years ago, now that would be interesting!
I've got SEVERAL of those AA filters on my shelf that were half price..it'll probably be a couple years till I finish with them .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back