Interesting developments on Boston bombers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Quote:
If they had seen few towelhead being dragged out of the house, they would be cheering. They would had no problem if the lockdown was applied only to "them". When they see people like "us" getting pulled out of the house, that is when they they have problems.

Make up your mind whether you want constitution to be applied evenly or not.

If they are citizens and not probable suspects then the constitution should be applied equally. There should be probable cause and a warrant for the most part. I don't see how there's a comparison with locking down and dragging out citizens and people who are not probable suspects.

Maybe if a minority group wants to be looked at as no more suspect then they should consider the effect of having a high association of terrorist in their midst. If members in a minority group are causing a majority of problems, they should do more to change that themselves. Stop maintaining a track record of terrorism around the world within your identity group and then there won't be suspicion.

Whoa there!

The towelheads that Vikas referred to include Sikhs.

Sikhs are not Muslims. Yet after 9/11 and since, they have been victimized and murdered because they have beards and brown skin.

Looks like you've made the appearance based mistake as well.

Maybe "they" should start making assumptions about domestic terrorists and anti govt nuts as well?

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

You will lose spectacularly. I'm one of the people complaining...and I had zero problem with him not being Mirandized, so long as nothing he said was used at his trial. (There is MORE than enough evidence against him without it.)

Unless that was Freudian slip on your part, looks like I won the bet!!

I see that the tactics used by police stir some controversy here. That is a fair criticism. But, many greater liberties were suspended after 9/11 and I didn't hear much of whining about that. I wonder why? How about the widespread use of pictures and videos during the investigation. No objections here?

Originally Posted By: FoxS
Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Quote:
If they had seen few towelhead being dragged out of the house, they would be cheering. They would had no problem if the lockdown was applied only to "them". When they see people like "us" getting pulled out of the house, that is when they they have problems.

Make up your mind whether you want constitution to be applied evenly or not.

If they are citizens and not probable suspects then the constitution should be applied equally. There should be probable cause and a warrant for the most part. I don't see how there's a comparison with locking down and dragging out citizens and people who are not probable suspects.

Maybe if a minority group wants to be looked at as no more suspect then they should consider the effect of having a high association of terrorist in their midst. If members in a minority group are causing a majority of problems, they should do more to change that themselves. Stop maintaining a track record of terrorism around the world within your identity group and then there won't be suspicion.

Whoa there!

The towelheads that Vikas referred to include Sikhs.

Sikhs are not Muslims. Yet after 9/11 and since, they have been victimized and murdered because they have beards and brown skin.

Looks like you've made the appearance based mistake as well.

Maybe "they" should start making assumptions about domestic terrorists and anti govt nuts as well?

I did no such thing, I only repeated his terminology.

"They" all ready do put heat on and spy on anti-government groups or non-PC domestic groups. I'm no expert on the topic, but the OKC bombing was motivated by perceived heavy-handed attacks on their groups. There's little evidence American ever had a domestic terrorist problem. At least not where they were targeting any and every American.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
I see that the tactics used by police stir some controversy here. That is a fair criticism. But, many greater liberties were suspended after 9/11 and I didn't hear much of whining about that. I wonder why? How about the widespread use of pictures and videos during the investigation. No objections here?

A lot of people were/are very against that Act too and the formation of the dept of "Homeland Security". That's when the real start of liberty being suspended and everyone being treated as a suspect since we have to pretend and treat everyone the "same".

Speaking of 9/11,

Revelation #12: 9/11 "truers" and Infowar type brainwashing helped to create a real terrorist.

Quote:

Tamerlan took an interest in Infowars, a conspiracy theory website. Khozhugov said Tamerlan was interested in finding a copy of "The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion," a piece of anti-Semitic literature claiming a Jewish plot to take over the world.

The people behind Infowars are the same crazy people who flood internet message boards with conspiracy theories about how 9/11 was a "false flag" operation perpetrated by the government. Look, they even did the same thing in the aftermath of the marathon bombings.

The irony here is almost unfathomable. Try wrapping your mind around the fact that a collection of conspiracy loons who believe that every major terrorist attack is an inside job may have helped to inspire an actual terrorist attack carried out by actual terrorists.

http://deadspin.com/report-boston-bombing-suspect-was-a-9-11-truther-478631719

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

Judging by many of these comments, I see quite a few who have never been in a war torn country....though I guess it is not surprising, since the people in the US are quite sheltered from these things...

And as our population grows, these tend to be the only ways to control it....

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I recall plenty of commentary after 9-11, and a lot of sheeple howling them down

+1

It was a eye opener, for sure...

911 has nothing to do with the subject.

Also if you post youtube videos they must be embedded or they are removed if we find them.

Locked for off subject / racist comments both posted and quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back