Interesting change in tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A co worker of mine had to pick up a few new tires a few days ago due to a muffler in the road. (tore them up bad) She didn't bring a credit card with her, so she had to buy her tires in cash. (actual cash) She ended up with two Doral SDL tires. She was not sure if they were going to be junk or not, but as it turns out-she loves they way they handle! (worlds better than the bridgstones she had on there, she says) She figures that (like myself) that they had to be someone's private brand. So off I researched...

After checking things out, I find Doral is under the wing of Treadways corp. Turns out after making a call-they are made by sumitomo. But TBC also does Telstar, Jetzon, and Eldorado tires too. So while checking the lines, I noticed something-all the tires were similar. Come to find out after calling eldorado tire's number, that many of the tires are made by Cooper tire.
Basically, just slight changes of their cooper/mastercraft line. Many made in the same plants! While I knew Cooper was heavy into private labels (like Milti-mile,American), I just didn't realize just how much now.

While most won't care, it's kinda nice to know that at least more of those "value" lines are not just some chinese knockoffs, but actual american made tires...

I believe dean tires sold at fleet farm here in the Midwest are also made by cooper. I had a set and they were very good.

some doral's are chinese private label(IIRC).. check the tire for the origin..

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino
TBC makes some great bread and butter stuff.

It seems like so. One of my local indy places has some good prices on multi-mile tires...

I just got a set of Doral SDL tires at Big O.They were the 3rd from the bottom in price. Very aggressive looking tread design. Mine were made in Indonesia.
So far they are very quiet on the highway and the last rain storm I took a couple corners faster then normal and they stuck just fine. The last test will be in the snow. And here in Denver that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back