Insurance company reduced my homeowners premium

Subjective, to me means someone with expierience or knowledge would come out to inspect the roof. Then determine if it's in need of replacement. Just forcing someone to replace without inspection is something else altogether.

I could have easily called some local company (this policy keeps many of them in business) have them come out and do an inspection. Without question they would have found hail damage or some other covered damage. In which case I could have filed a claim.
I didn't choose to go that direction, but many do.

And like I've said on previous threads, insurers won't even write a policy here in FL if you have Solar Electric panels installed.
You don't need an inspection to know that composite roofs will be brittle in 20 years. It's a given.

Reactions: hrv
You don't need an inspection to know that composite roofs will be brittle in 20 years. It's a given.
How about 15, and how do you know this when the shingle is guaranteed for 30 years?
Warren Buffet seems to think there's a lot of profit in insurance now. Why do you suppose that is?

How about 15, and how do you know this when the shingle is guaranteed for 30 years?
Warren Buffet seems to think there's a lot of profit in insurance now. Why do you suppose that is?
Look-Im not going to debate you that an 20 year roof is or is not a risk. FACT-A 20 year old roof is more brittle than a new one. There isn't anyway IT ISN'T. FACT. Unless your roof is some freak of nature that doesn't get the sun on it.
Have a nice day.

Just to add another angle, what about the installation and not years of service.

Installer is much more important than age or material type.

Back