Installing new sim card question.

Got a new sim card in the mail from Sprint, saying it must be installed by 3-31 to be able to still use my phone (iPhone 6), as the old card becomes obsolete. Will I lose any data on my phone when switching in the new card? Will all my contacts, etc, still be intact on my phone when I install the new card?

Thanks in advance!

I know with android phones, all your contacts, pictures, etc.. Are stored on your internal memory, so on MY android I can take out my sim and and I'd be fine.
It appears yours does too:

An iPhone stores nothing at all to the SIM card. The import feature is there for those bringing their own SIM from another device.

Contacts are stored in the contacts app on the device. If you've enabled iCloud contacts, then they are synchronized to iCloud as well (note iCloud is purely a sync service as far as contacts go, not an archive nor backup service - changes, including deletions, made on the device are reflected in iCloud and vice versa).

And apparently your contacts are saved in your iCloud too. see below:

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/retrieve-contacts-iphone-53889.html

Google is your friend....

Got a new sim card in the mail from Sprint, saying it must be installed by 3-31 to be able to still use my phone (iPhone 6), as the old card becomes obsolete. Will I lose any data on my phone when switching in the new card? Will all my contacts, etc, still be intact on my phone when I install the new card?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know about I-PHONES but with my Smartphone I had to place them next to each other to SYNC with one another.
(I think I said that correctly)

https://www.businessinsider.com/transfer-contacts-from-android-to-android

Obsolete ? is that because T-mobile owns Sprint now ?
Sort of, Sprint along with Verizon was CDMA which will no longer exist.
Swapping out the sim for use on LTE/GSM is what assume is taking place or it could just be TMobile is in the final stages of shutting off the Sprint network and the new SIM will allow the iPhone to work on TMobiles network.
I think a search on the subject might clarifying but think it’s one or both of the above.

Sort of, Sprint along with Verizon was CDMA which will no longer exist.
Swapping out the sim for use on LTE/GSM is what assume is taking place or it could just be TMobile is in the final stages of shutting off the Sprint network and the new SIM will allow the iPhone to work on TMobiles network.
I think a search on the subject might clarifying but think it’s one or both of the above.
Data.. contacts will not he affected. Sim is your subscriber information with the carrier. As long as your 6 supports VOLTE you should be good to go. The one downfall running the 6 on tmobile is lacking band 66 & 71 which provides faster LTE speeds and better signal penetration say in basement or brick building.

Everything will be intact. I would recommend for good measure running an iCloud backup or installing iTunes to backup your iPhone if you have any concerns about losing your data. Your concern leads me to believe you have no backup maybe?

Thanks in advance!
How did the sim swap out process go?

Obsolete ? is that because T-mobile owns Sprint now ?
Yes, Sprint network shutting down.

"T-Mobile says that "most" Sprint LTE and 5G devices can work with its LTE or 5G network. It adds that those devices "will continue to operate on T-Mobile's LTE and 5G networks," so long as those Sprint users upgrade from Sprint-issued SIM cards to ones from T-Mobile."

Back