Inside pics and temp updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since we've had one of these threads.

I tore apart my computer yesterday to do a few things. I fixed my previously horrible cable management (or complete lack therof, 99% of all cables were stuffed between the graphics cards and harddrive. I put them all in the cable area behind the Harddrive rack. I also removed the CPU Watercooling block, spend 3 hours lapping it to a mirror finish, reapplied with Antec Formula 7 Nano Diamond TIM, removed dust etc. Here are some finished pics, and the new temps. Ambient room temp I keep at about 69 degrees.
System
-AMD Phenom II X4 965BE OC 3.75Ghz @ 1.39vCore (BIOS Setting
Corsair H50 Watercooling kit, with 2 Rocketfish 120mm fans in push-pull configuration (~1180RPM)
-8GB Corsair XMS DDR3-1333
Dual XFX Radeon 5770s
-Intel 40GB SSD, WD 640GB HDD, Samsung 500GB HDD
-ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 Mobo
-XFX 650W Modular PSU
-Samsung (TSSTCorp) BD-ROM/CD-DVD+RW

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

Idle
tempidle.jpg

Load in Prime95 after 20 minutes
tempload.jpg

Pretty pleased overall.

That is a nice looking computer. I am thinking about using that Corsair liquid cooling unit in the future. Actually, I would like to maybe use two. 0ne for the CPU and the other for the GPU, but there probably is not enough room for that.

The one thing that made the biggest difference in speed was a solid state hard drive. And in the future I will increase the RAM beyond 4 GB, since I am now running the 64 bit versions of Windows 7.

Also in the future I would like to get a motherboard that supports USB 3, and a better Intel processor and better graphics card.

But the computer is fast enough for now.

I love the Corsair stuff, been really happy with it.

Recently built this for one of our radiologists:

(sorry for the picture quality, used an iPhone... apparently my BB takes WAAAAAY better pics)
cables.jpg

Originally Posted By: Nick R
tsk tsk, stock intel cooler? What are you thinking?
wink.gif

That a stock cooler is more than adequate for stock clocks and that this machine will never be overclocked? LOL. It is going to be used to view X-Ray and Ultrasound images. I'm thinking the stock cooler is going to be fine
wink.gif

I'm just thinking about noise.

They are thermally controlled, so it is pretty much dead silent. The application doesn't load the i7 much.

I like that my PC stays silent unless I'm gaming. I could be running a CPU intensive load, like Prime95 and it never gets any louder. Benefit of water cooling, with 2 constant speed fans on the radiator. 1200RPM each, and silent. The only time I hear my computer is when the graphics card fans spin up, and then I usually have my headset on so it doesn't matter anyway.

I like that my PC stays silent unless I'm gaming. I could be running a CPU intensive load, like Prime95 and it never gets any louder. Benefit of water cooling, with 2 constant speed fans on the radiator. 1200RPM each, and silent. The only time I hear my computer is when the graphics card fans spin up, and then I usually have my headset on so it doesn't matter anyway.

Yes, remember, I have the next step up from your water cooling setup in my rig.

However, this was built for a doctor, who is not going to game. So the expense of a water cooling setup, or the added complication was simply not needed. The stock cooler is MORE than adequate for this application, considering I ran my i5 with the stocker OC'd to 3.2Ghz.

These pictures are over a year old
IMG_0565-1-1.png

IMG_0567-1.jpg

Also about a year old, but after I replaced the Corsair TX750 that died. The 4870's in crossfire have since been replaced with a single HD6970. Cable management isn't my thing, and there isn't enough room behind the mobo tray for wires.
IMG_0654-1.jpg

Power cable I made for all my drives:
IMG_0656-1.jpg

Current Specs:
MoBo: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
CPU: Intel Q9550 @ 4Ghz (long in the tooth, but enough for my needs)
GFX: AMD HD6970 @ 950Mhz core
RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX @ 1066Mhz
PSU: XFX 850w
Hard Drives:
OCZ Vertex 2 120gb SSD (Windows)
2x WD Veloci-Raptors in Raid 0 (programs)
3x Samsung F4 2tb in Raid 5 (storage/data)

Cooling:
Swiftech GTZ CPU Waterblock
Swiftech QP-320 Radiator
Swiftech MCP-355 pump
3x Gentle Typhoon fans
7/16th tubing with compression fittings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back