Injector Cleaning Service Recommendations

a5m

Thinking of having an extra set of injectors I have cleaned to replace the (assumed original and unserviced) ones on my 130k 2010 WRX before it gets too cold.

Didn't hear back from the user here who offers the service and their website didn't work last time I checked. Any recommendations or positive experiences would be appreciated.

Thinking of having an extra set of injectors I have cleaned to replace the (assumed original and unserviced) ones on my 130k 2010 WRX before it gets too cold.

Didn't hear back from the user here who offers the service and their website didn't work last time I checked. Any recommendations or positive experiences would be appreciated.
Sorry I don't remember, things have been a busy. I can do them for you. Just fill in the form and mail them in. I do these Suby injectors all the time.
I have OE Subaru lower seals which are scarce now, just include one so I know which one of the two different ones to provide.

I was going to say just find someone with an ASNU machine but it looks like you’re covered. We have one (two actually) but located in Canada.

Reactions: a5m
Website appears to be working. You can access the order form and print it out.
Weird, not working on my phone. Maybe on the puter?

@Trav

Screenshot_20221012-183950_Chrome.jpg

The Third Gen F-Body community uses these guys all the time:

I use these guys:

If the injectors you plan to get cleaned, etc. are just going to sit on a shelf, don't bother to have them cleaned. I would recommend having them serviced immediately before use. I've let cleaned injectors sit for +6 months only to have the injector become either plugged closed or stuck opened. Whatever lube/preservative that's run through the injector for shipping purposes is the culprit.

plugs_post injector install 004a.jpg

New spark plugs from the Camaro after injector swap - some are dry, some are soaked.

Fuel Injector Connection graciously sent me a set of replacement injectors por gratis, along with a note that stated to install them ASAP.

I can recommend Hurst Injector Service; I have used them for my Tacoma injectors. There was a selection to upgrade to stainless filter baskets for a small fee (ethanol), which I upgraded to. I have my original set as well as a spare set, I asked to please lube/prep a set for storage and all was well when I went to install and run them.

The Third Gen F-Body community uses these guys all the time:

I use these guys:

If the injectors you plan to get cleaned, etc. are just going to sit on a shelf, don't bother to have them cleaned. I would recommend having them serviced immediately before use. I've let cleaned injectors sit for +6 months only to have the injector become either plugged closed or stuck opened. Whatever lube/preservative that's run through the injector for shipping purposes is the culprit.

View attachment 120824
New spark plugs from the Camaro after injector swap - some are dry, some are soaked.

Fuel Injector Connection graciously sent me a set of replacement injectors por gratis, along with a note that stated to install them ASAP.

John at FIC is a friend of mine, we do a bit of business back and forth. Nice guy!

Last edited:
The advice about getting them done just before use is correct. When we know they are going to sit we fill them with WD40 and cap the ends.

It is not the oil used to preserve them that makes them stick it is the calibration fluid. Clicking them over while blowing compressed air through them then lubing them with WD40 through an eye dropper and blowing that out and capping prevents it.
This is one of the most useful tools that I have. Now I have another potential use for it.

injector tester 002_small.jpg

OTC Fuel Injector Tester. Switchable pulse rates.

Engine Miss - C&E Summary_annotated.jpg

Cause & Effect Summary

Back in 2013, the Legend had a very subtle, engine miss; you could only really feel it/hear it (puff, puff) at the tail pipe. Through a drawn out process of elimination (compression/ignition/fuel), the above tool identified the offending problem. Replacing the injector fixed the issue. I was a bit surprised at how mush this effected fuel consumption. Before the repair, I was getting a consistent +32 MPG highway. Fuel economy decreased to 26 MPG after the injector replacement.

Phone works fine finding your service.

View attachment 120974
Now click on the link and show me the website loads ;)

Thanks @paulo57509 and everyone for your suggestions and advice. Really good to know about storing serviced injectors. Would've never occurred to me.

The car developed a weird stutter at idle today. I did have an exhaust leak fixed so perhaps the car is relearning some fuel trims? They were quite a bit different after. I don't know. The car spending most of its life in AZ on ACN91 doesn't inspire confidence in the injectors being OK.

Just gotta watch enough how-to videos to convince myself it's an easy job on a Subaru, and that 50° isn't that cold to work outside in :confused:

Now click on the link and show me the website loads ;)

Thanks @paulo57509 and everyone for your suggestions and advice. Really good to know about storing serviced injectors. Would've never occurred to me.

The car developed a weird stutter at idle today. I did have an exhaust leak fixed so perhaps the car is relearning some fuel trims? They were quite a bit different after. I don't know. The car spending most of its life in AZ on ACN91 doesn't inspire confidence in the injectors being OK.

Just gotta watch enough how-to videos to convince myself it's an easy job on a Subaru, and that 50° isn't that cold to work outside in :confused:

Back