Inexpensive Synthetic Media Filter for 2007 Prius

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I'm looking for a decent quality, preferably inexpensive, synthetic media filter for sweetie's 2007 Prius. I don't know what's available for her car so suggestions are welcome.

She drives very little these days (maybe 2,500 mpy), all short trips (less than 5 miles). Thanks.

That takes a very common filter size so your options are limitless.

Oil filters are cheap in the grand scheme. I wouldn't look for one specifically because it's inexpensive. Anything with synthetic media will cost around $10 give or take.

Thanks ... I'll just get a Toyota filter for her. Simplesr approach.

Fram tough guard. 20um at 99% efficiency. i have a car that uses the same filter as yours i believe.

The tg 4967 is the short one and the 4386 is the longer one. The long one fits on mine so maybe check or buy both and see which one fits best and exchange the other. Same price as the toyota but better.

The ultra is more expensive than both but the same filtration as the tg and now its been downgraded elsewhere so its not worth it anymore like before.

At only 2500 miles per year, grab Javier's suggested TG and run it for at least 3 years...it's good for up to 15,000 miles.

Dude, it’s a Prius. No need for anything fancy. I have a OCOJ on one right now, else it’s a OE Toyota filter.

I’d be more concerned about oil burning(piston soak does miracles and use a stout oil afterwards) and stolen cats on it than installing a FU/Amsoil
EaO/Wix XP.

You spend $500 for gasoline and $15 for oil for 5000mile oil changes and don't want to pay $3 more for a good filter??

Back