Induction ranges - real world experiences.

This is the thing. You are paying a lot to work around limits of induction and weight. You need to have enough strength to not warp and be light. Maybe you need to add some rare earth food grade metal in there as well. Then once the coating wears out you need to toss that expensive metal base away with it.

Or you can just use gas and anodized aluminum with teflon coating, or even cheaper non anodized aluminum and just ignore the warp, because gas don't care too much about the warp.
Nah, not really. A plain old porcelain coated pan works just fine, as well as all of the stainless pots and pans.
Is it not possible to put a stupid non-stick teflon coating on steel?
IMO There are no drawbacks to induction, except that you can't use aluminum pots and pans, oh, and no copper bottomed Revere Ware (remember those? BIG bucks today) either.

Nah, not really. A plain old porcelain coated pan works just fine, as well as all of the stainless pots and pans.
Is it not possible to put a stupid non-stick teflon coating on steel?
IMO There are no drawbacks to induction, except that you can't use aluminum pots and pans, oh, and no copper bottomed Revere Ware (remember those? BIG bucks today) either.
Steel is the problem to me, it is heavy if it has that induction bottom, or warp if it is just a thin carbon steel.

Maybe it is fine if my wife can handle the weight of the induction bottom but with her wrist injury she is exclusively on aluminum pan, 11" or smaller, and therefore non stick.

Over Winter, I bought a single burner Induction Hot Plate / threw away the old Electric Hot Plate.
The Induction has a Glass Top with Touch Controls.
Not only does it boil water very fast,
it 'instantly' responds to different temp settings / you can tell while watching the water boil.
Induction is the way to go.

I don't want to scratch the glass top, so I put a paper towel under the pot/pan.

We have had a five burner induction cooktop for 8 years now.
Absolutely love it, would never go back. Can heat up water so fast it’s scary, perfectly even heat, and temp changes are instantaneous.

Ours is a Miele unit, and came with a 10 year warranty. Was included at the time of purchase.
There are very few pots/pans that don’t work on it. We had one cheap aluminium pan we had to get rid of. Most pots/pans are stainless, or aluminium with a steel core.

We have had a five burner induction cooktop for 8 years now.
Absolutely love it, would never go back. Can heat up water so fast it’s scary, perfectly even heat, and temp changes are instantaneous.

Ours is a Miele unit, and came with a 10 year warranty. Was included at the time of purchase.
There are very few pots/pans that don’t work on it. We had one cheap aluminium pan we had to get rid of. Most pots/pans are stainless, or aluminium with a steel core.
Miele eh.. I should call you Daddy Warbucks.

I have a Thermodor induction range in my kitchen. I prefer gas always but it works well. You just need quality pans that do not bend otherwise you'll get the most heat in the center of the pan and next to nothing on the edges. I would highly recommend you do buy a high-end unit from a Thermodor, Miele, Viking sort of dealer, not your local box store. You want it to last because you're cutting a counter top around it.

Back