Impressive mpg with my 2006 Acura TL

I just did a 400 mile trip with my 06 TL with 167,500 miles. I had the cruise set at 75mph and I got 31mpg. I did the calculation with my phone after I filled up and it was 31mpg also. I believe the TL is rated 22 city 28 hwy. This car impresses me more and more since I bought it two years ago.

IMG_4233.jpeg

That's really good for mostly 75mph cruising. Cars of that era usually did better than epa. My 03 and 05 still beat the epa ratings.

I just did a 400 mile trip with my 06 TL with 167,500 miles. I had the cruise set at 75mph and I got 31mpg. I did the calculation with my phone after I filled up and it was 31mpg also. I believe the TL is rated 22 city 28 hwy. This car impresses me more and more since I bought it two years ago.

View attachment 169275
Most Acuras of that era routinely go 200k and even 300k miles.
Personally in the Honda J35's that I drive, I find that I get the best MPG at 45 MPH and my MPG slowly decreases as engine speeds increase. Going 55 MPH gives better gas mileage than 65 MPH in my vehciles. Getting that kind of MPG that upi gpt at 75 MPH is really impressive.

I have the same generation Acura in signature. Yep, you can cruise at 75mph and just barely over 2000 rpms. They are a nice ride. Was going to trade mine in on the new Rav4 Hybrid in signature -- just could not give it up. I know what has all been done to it and how it runs. Did put some money into it the last couple years though -- but then again -- its 15 years old now.

Last edited:
I was getting 34 MPG highway in the Legend (EPA 19/25 MPG) for a long while, until I stumbled onto a partially plugged fuel injector when diagnosing a light miss fire.

With the new injector installed, the fuel economy fell right into the advertised EPA range.

A close friend had a 2004-ish with the 6-spd manual and misses it over any other car of his, including the 2017 Mustang GT that replaced it.

My mom has the same car and it’s garaged so headlamps clear and never redone. It has the typical Japanese car quality before they imho went down like all cars ~ 2010+….cracks me up on YouTube to see people addressing the auto trans at 500k when they find a leak stating

Back