Impressed with the upcoming Honda Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's a single-ended, common-ground amp, then yes, that would be close.

Push-pull (bridged) amplifiers double the voltage for quadruple the power(around 20W RMS per channel), and these are the most common now, for both OEM and aftermarket. Only the really cheap aftermarket units are still using a common ground setup.

It is too little car for the money, I think I would rather buy an Aero or a used car if my budget is that small.

That car will sell well to people who don't want any trouble in reliability and trust the Honda brand, like parents who buy a car for kids going off to college.

That means the aftermarket modding market is huge, like the original civic and integra. =)

I dunno, the Fit looks cool BUT I'm getting better than 35 MPG on the highway with my 2003 Accord 2.4 with the 5 speed manual. I was just looking at my monthly expenses and my wife and I spent only $150.00 this month on gasoline for both of our cars. I don't think that I'd save much gas if I were to switch to a Fit.

Very few people will be trading in a 2003 Accord 2.4 for a Fit. However, some people buying new really want a hatchback. Bear in mind the interior size of a Fit is about the same as a mid 1980's Accord.

quote:

Originally posted by ex_MGB:
Very few people will be trading in a 2003 Accord 2.4 for a Fit.

Why should they?
They're not the targeted audience anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by ex_MGB:
Bear in mind the interior size of a Fit is about the same as a mid 1980's Accord.

And about 500% more functional.

quote:

Originally posted by BrianWC:
Hah, I easily get 33-34 mpg on the highway in my whale of a Saab 9-5 (3,470 lbs).

Saab 9-5 is rated at 18 mpg(city), 28 mpg(hwy)
Honda Fit is rated at 33 mpg(city), 38 mpg(hwy)

Not even close. If the Fit was driven the same way as you drive your Saab 9-5 to get 33-34 mpg, it would probably get 45 mpg.

quote:

Originally posted by vad:

10 sec car???
According to these figures it's more like 8.7-9.0, almost as [SLOW] as the 2.4L Accord!!!

9 seconds or 10 seconds who cares! it's still pretty slow to have paddle shifters

This is a $15K car with paddle shifters!!!
banghead.gif

I don't see what the big deal is that the Fit is an econobox with paddle shifters. So what? Back in the day who would have thought cheap cars would have disc brakes, 15" alloy wheels w/ 60 series tires, overhead cams, 4 valves per cylinder, aluminum blocks & heads, variable valve timing, fuel injection, 100W stereos and GPS nav?
Are econoboxes (9 - 10 sec 0-60 cars) too slow to have this stuff too?

They're already putting sport shifters in autos on many cars (even minivans), what's the big deal that they move it up to the steering wheel?

Technology is getting cheaper so you'll be seeing more and more "cutting edge" stuff like this because people want it and will buy it.

With electronically controlled automatic trannies since the early 90s I'm wondering what took them so long for the paddle shifter. It's rather like the matrix/vibe with the shifter sticking out of the dash instead of the floor... entirely possible, just previously overthought.

Paddle shifters are to entertain the video game crowd. It's funny how Porche (etc) had this selective automatic a few years ago and people are somehow chagrined this has trickled down.

My saturn SOHCs are geared properly for economy, I have to drop out of 5th for any sort of hill. How it should be. Mildly lugging a gas engine opens the throttle and gets it more volumetric efficiency.

Today's economy cars are a joke, they have to run richer to keep NOx down. Give me an early 90's lightweight with feedback fuel injection and horrible side impact ratings.
smile.gif

The Honda Fit is a perfect example of the ever expanding model name, aka the "thunderbird effect" where a favored name grows with the buyer's supposed needs. I of course would hope to some day trade my civic for an accord and move up... not tread water in a (admittedly larger) new civic.

It is at least nice to see another sensible hatchback on the market. It has a good brand name and enough toys that a buyer would not feel self concsious or "poor" for "settling" for one.

I'm sorry guys, but I fail to see how this car is going to sell well. I could see it for the lower half of the US (maybe).

Maybe I just have a skewed view due to my very rural location.

I can see it maybe selling well in dense urban locations. To me it just looks like a smaller Honda minivan with a paddel shifter. whoopie?

I'm wondering where the silding side door is?

I think the Fit will do extremely well. I think the car is priced a little high, but Honda is doing very well with the new Civic which is priced at a big premium.

I would be interested in the Fit but I can't buy one for the 12.3k I paid for my 05 Civic VP.

The EPA numbers may be a little disappointing but its rated the same as my 05 Civic and I'm close to 42 mpg over the year I've owned it, and I often hit 45 mpg in the summer. Push the car hard and the MPG drops to the upper 30's.

With where gas prices are headed, any small car with excellent mileage and a reasonable price is going to sell. Add in Honda's reputation and its going to be a hit. The Yaris undercuts it on price, but may be a little to radical for many people, styling-wise.

I would have liked to have seen Honda create a car whose theme is functionality and economy. The paddle shifter just seems silly.

I like this car a lot...I'll have to test drive both the Fit Sport MT and the new Nissan Versa.

Just wish these cars had a rear sliding door, like the new Mazda5.

If you wanted a sliding door, you'd get a Mazda5, which seems wonderful by the way. Checked one out at the dealer - drives more or less like a 3 (which is to say, very well), and a cavernous interior for a small car. If I accidentally had a kid or two right now, this is what I'd want, not some SUV or minivan waste of fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back