Impressed with Mobil 1 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a lightly used 2016 Acura RLX about 4 months ago and part of the certified pre-owned check list the dealer swapped the oil and upon inquiry I was told they put in Mobil 1 0w20. My first time ever with an 0w20 oil and I am really impressed with this oil. Last week was extremely cold here and we were in the negative degrees and the car fired up without hesitation and no chatter from the valve train at all in this extreme cold. No knocking, no ticking, no nothing. Very impressed with M1 0w20 so far!!

You started the same thread 24 hours ago and your sig says the car has RP 5w30 in it.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Mobil1 spambot?

I also agree. Same MO of posting the topic once and never returning to the thread.

I put Castrol 0w40 in my VW, Subaru, Infinity M35X and Ariens snowblower, -13f and all started right up, no knocking, ticking just nice quiet engines. I am impressed with that oil.
lol.gif

Oops...I didn't realize the one from yesterday went thru. I was having computer issues. Sorry disregard this one.

Originally Posted By: Trav
I put Castrol 0w40 in my VW, Subaru, Infinity M35X and Ariens snowblower, -13f and all started right up, no knocking, ticking just nice quiet engines. I am impressed with that oil.
lol.gif

Would this be the value of a 0 wt oil?

I had both of the cars we used during the -12F weather on M1 AFE.
I've had other cars on a wide variety of oils and grades in similar conditions.
What they all had in common was that they started without issue and made no unusual engine noises.
M1 AFE is good stuff, but its isn't the only oil that works well in cold ambient conditions.

Any or most full synthetic 0w20 is gonna flow well in cold. Glad you bought a Honda Motors product. We strive to impress. 0w20 is the new 5w30 synthetic.

Originally Posted By: mailman74
Is Tig1 your daddy ?

No, tig1 hacked his account. Now, let's remind deven to get back to Royal Purple and not stray again.
wink.gif

Our one Ford dealership will use RP as a service fill if you request it. Some may be impressed, others not. I didn't ask the price, since I'm sure their price isn't as impressive as that from my RP supplier.

Deja vue?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
You started the same thread 24 hours ago and your sig says the car has RP 5w30 in it.
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: kschachn
I'm so confused. Are you more impressed today than you were yesterday?
Originally Posted By: THafeez
Mobil 1 is amazing and deserved to be praised everyday!
happy2.gif

Mobil1 spambot?
Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
You are not supposed to drink the used Mobil you drained.

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back