Impact Wrench and Air Ratchet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trav,

Just picked up the 1/4 at Home Depot and ordered the other from Amazon. No store had the 1/2 in my wheelhouse...

I do listen to you and actually obey... LOL

They are good cordless tools, post back and review them. The little 1/4 is perfect for transmission and oil pan bolts also, you can feather the trigger and run them up slowly without impacting then hand finish, it sure saves a lot of time. Like you I am not into hand ratcheting 18 bolt either.

I have a m12 1/4 hex impact, 3/8 Astro Nano and 1/2 IR T2135 or w/e that popular impact number is. 12 years with the IR. Works perfect and if i have room, it will get every crank bolt off.

With those 3 impacts, i feel its just reaching the bolts. I dont use air ratchets... because normally i have to break them loose first and then zip them off. But if they come up with a strong air ratchet for a good price like that Nano, i'll be over it.

I have a Snap On high speed low torque air ratchet, I was lucky and found a new one on ebay a few years back as I have worn out the one I bought new from Snap On back in 1980. They no longer make this air ratchet so I am glad I found the one I did new in box. Great tool. It is the old FAR70C air ratchet.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
Trav,

Just picked up the 1/4 at Home Depot and ordered the other from Amazon. No store had the 1/2 in my wheelhouse...

I do listen to you and actually obey... LOL

I think you'll be happy with the tools. I use similar tools for the same jobs. You'll just need something like this if you don't already have it: https://www.amazon.com/Dophee-Socket-Ada...keywords=2889RK

Air tools are good sometimes. When you need them, you need them.

There are impact air ratchets. Nice tools for limited uses.

Battery impacts with 1/4" hex chucks are ubiquitous, but if you're serious about useful tools, you can get 3/8 and 1/2 in impact wrenches, which are highly recommended, and then you can consider a battery ratchet. Milwaukee makes a good 12v one, dont think Id want an 18v one because of the size/weight of the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back