I'm thinking 10k OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car is a 2002 Civic EX. I bought it brand new wih 200 miles on it. Started with 3K OCI for the first 40K miles and has been doing 6-7K on Syn oil since. I'm thinking pushing it to 10K / 1 year. OCI with Mobil1 Extended or PP and a Fram Ultra filter. The car is 50/50 city and highway, and has 118K miles, it use about 1/5 QT of oil in about 7K miles. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Why not? Oil and filter both designed for that oci and beyond. Oil usage insignificant, even if tad more you could always top off if it concerned you. Go for it.

I use PP 5w20 and a Wix filter on my sister's 2005 Civic 1.7L for 10,000 mile intervals. The car has 145k miles and looks spotless inside.
thumbsup2.gif

I drive 30,000 miles a year, almost all of it is at highway speeds. I was changing my oil every two month so i went to an OCI of 10,000 miles. That is still 3 oil changes a year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sayjac
Why not? Oil and filter both designed for that oci and beyond. Oil usage insignificant, even if tad more you could always top off if it concerned you. Go for it.

+1

Both the oil and filter are designed for 10K OCI's. I might suggest M1 0w20, if your not already using it,

I use the above combo (M1 and Ultra filter), and my last OCI was at 9200 and 13 months.

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
My 04 Civic specifies 10K OCI's with conventional 5W-20. Is your 02 different?

it also specifies a filter change every other oil change. Do you do different?

Originally Posted By: Blueskies123
I drive 30,000 miles a year, almost all of it is at highway speeds. I was changing my oil every two month so i went to an OCI of 10,000 miles. That is still 3 oil changes a year.

M1 EP with Fram Ultra will get you 2 OCI's a year.

Originally Posted By: steve20
Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
My 04 Civic specifies 10K OCI's with conventional 5W-20. Is your 02 different?

it also specifies a filter change every other oil change. Do you do different?

I just bought the car last week so I haven't done anything yet. I'm either going to use a Fram TG if I go 10K, or an Ultra if I decide on 15K.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Blueskies123

M1 EP with Fram Ultra will get you 2 OCI's a year.

With that type of driving, I wouldn't rule out yearly oil changes, as evidenced by UOA results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back