Im in a really bad mood today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have removed several post that were encouraging the OP to commit suicide. Please do not act like play ground bullies and pick on the guy that admits he needs help. No one has a perfect life and lives trouble free.

Helen

I had my brakes done at a very reliable shop and they started to squeal and when I took it to a different shop for my oil change and the mechanic told me there was some dust in the brakes and he cleaned them and the sound is gone and they work perfectly. No charge for taking care of the brakes. I took them a lemon pound cake because they would not accept anything for the extra work.

Originally Posted By: hr1940
I have removed several post that were encouraging the OP to commit suicide.

I thought BITOG folks would have more class than doing that.
confused2.gif

Maybe he needs professional help and not some smart-[censored] members saying silly things ?

Originally Posted By: spasm3

Take some time and watch this video, especially at 6:10
But please watch the whole lecture when you can, it puts a lot of things in perspective.

Thanks for the video
smile.gif
It does help a lot. What a great guy.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Carnoobie
Originally Posted By: spasm3

Take some time and watch this video, especially at 6:10
But please watch the whole lecture when you can, it puts a lot of things in perspective.

Thanks for the video
smile.gif
It does help a lot. What a great guy.

Best of luck to you, It made me think about things in a different way.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette

confused2.gif

Maybe he needs professional help and not some smart-[censored] members saying silly things ?

Yeah I was surprised at those nasty comments, however for some reason my completely reasonable comments regarding Carnoobie issue of living at home into his 30s and focusing on his mother's cleaning habits were removed as well.

The thing that he needs to concentrate on is standing on his own two feet OUT of his parents house, with a full time job. It may not be the job he'd like but he NEEDS to be self supporting, ASAP. My guess is that the reason why Carnoobie works very limited hours at his job is simply because he doesn't like it.

He might be best served by joining a military service, because that way he will be forced into learning self discipline, structure, and self reliance. Plus he gets the benefit of having a roof over his head.

While his mother may have OCD she is not hurting anyone or creating any serious issues to speak of. Mostly a little annoying, that issue should be left up to his father.

Ultimately his parents need to force him out ASAP.

Last edited:
Some people are late bloomers.

When I was 17 years old I was in the military and 1500 miles away from home. He needs to get his life together and accomplish things on his own. If not he will be like that 35 year old guy on the new Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial that is playing video games in his parent's basement eating KFC chicken bites.

Hey carnoobie. I'm assuming that you really are a car noobie. I'm 54, and I'm not. I can tell you that cars, all of them, will give you trouble. You may have a lemon that just will continually give you trouble until you get rid of it. Or, you may have a more-or-less typical used car that has typical used-car troubles.

I have kids that are probably a little older than you, and I've tried to help them through their car troubles, and help them understand that car trouble is one of those things that happens. One of my kids had a car that seemed to break down every time he really needed it to work. Sometimes it's not you, it really is the car.

Guys your age are often characterized as "young, dumb, and full of" um, hormones. In other words, you don't have a lot of life experience, and your emotions are running high because of many of the changes that you're experiencing. It can be a difficult time of life.

I'm currently trying to drill a broken stud out of an aluminum head. It ain't easy, and since the head is softer than the stud, I'm a little concerned that I might just hose up the whole thing. But I'm going to give it a shot.

So, in my view, you have three options: fix your car, sell your car and get a better one that you can afford the payments on, or maybe enter your car in a demolition derby (hah!). Cars can almost all be fixed. Some are worth it, some are not. Unfortunately, I don't know your car, and I don't know what you should do with it. Good luck.

Originally Posted By: hr1940
I had my brakes done at a very reliable shop and they started to squeal and when I took it to a different shop for my oil change and the mechanic told me there was some dust in the brakes and he cleaned them and the sound is gone and they work perfectly.

That's absolutely the simplest thing to check, and we had that issue in the taxi fleet at times, too. My personal favorite is when a piece of gravel gets wedged in a spot that makes it sound like you've worn completely through to the rivets.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

confused2.gif

Yeah I was surprised at those nasty comments, however for some reason my completely reasonable comments regarding Carnoobie issue of living at home into his 30s and focusing on his mother's cleaning habits were removed as well.

The thing that he needs to concentrate on is standing on his own two feet OUT of his parents house, with a full time job. It may not be the job he'd like but he NEEDS to be self supporting, ASAP. My guess is that the reason why Carnoobie works very limited hours at his job is simply because he doesn't like it.

He might be best served by joining a military service, because that way he will be forced into learning self discipline, structure, and self reliance. Plus he gets the benefit of having a roof over his head.

While his mother may have OCD she is not hurting anyone or creating any serious issues to speak of. Mostly a little annoying, that issue should be left up to his father.

This summarizes the issue well.

Some people are late bloomers.

When I was 17 years old I was in the military and 1500 miles away from home. He needs to get his life together and accomplish things on his own. If not he will be like that 35 year old guy on the new Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial that is playing video games in his parent's basement eating KFC chicken bites.

A late 'bloomer'? Isn't he 31 or something like that? I would not call it that. But if I express my opinion more I shall be admonished.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell

confused2.gif

Im too old for the military from what ive seen so far.

Originally Posted By: Bangaroo
Have you tried applying the emergency brake and driving in reverse for ten feet?

What would that do? Just curious. Btw if I havent mentioned already, all my mechs I know have already inspected the rear brakes in the past 6 months and all have said its assembled correctly, adjustments were perfect and nothing needs to be replaced. This whole weekend, driving and the noise has been quieted...for now. Honestly though, I might have no choice but to just drive it for now until it gets way worse, like to the extreme it was last summer and then try to re-diagnosis it. Cause right now its so on and off which makes it more difficult and more of a hassle than it should be.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
Hey carnoobie. I'm assuming that you really are a car noobie. I'm 54, and I'm not. I can tell you that cars, all of them, will give you trouble. You may have a lemon that just will continually give you trouble until you get rid of it. Or, you may have a more-or-less typical used car that has typical used-car troubles.

I have kids that are probably a little older than you, and I've tried to help them through their car troubles, and help them understand that car trouble is one of those things that happens. One of my kids had a car that seemed to break down every time he really needed it to work. Sometimes it's not you, it really is the car.

Guys your age are often characterized as "young, dumb, and full of" um, hormones. In other words, you don't have a lot of life experience, and your emotions are running high because of many of the changes that you're experiencing. It can be a difficult time of life.

I'm currently trying to drill a broken stud out of an aluminum head. It ain't easy, and since the head is softer than the stud, I'm a little concerned that I might just hose up the whole thing. But I'm going to give it a shot.

So, in my view, you have three options: fix your car, sell your car and get a better one that you can afford the payments on, or maybe enter your car in a demolition derby (hah!). Cars can almost all be fixed. Some are worth it, some are not. Unfortunately, I don't know your car, and I don't know what you should do with it. Good luck.

I cant sell or blow up this car (as much as Id love to) cause I cant afford a new car. With where I am in life right now, buying or even thinking of buying a new car is the last thing that should be on my mind. But im not gonna lie and say i havent been drooling over a new car. Trust me id do anything for a new 2013 Toyota Scion FRS, id give up everything i have in my life for one. But its just not gonna happen.

Last edited:

Nope. Unless you're at mandatory retirement age, the Canadian military is looking at everyone these days. It allows them to attract people with life experience and degrees (degrees make one a commissioned officer in Canada) and also saves them money in pensions down the road.

Trust me id do anything for a new 2013 Toyota Scion FRS, id give up everything i have in my life for one.
If you are gonna give up everything, I'd pick a better car than the FRS...
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak

Nope. Unless you're at mandatory retirement age, the Canadian military is looking at everyone these days. It allows them to attract people with life experience and degrees (degrees make one a commissioned officer in Canada) and also saves them money in pensions down the road.

Oh Ill have to look into it! Figured i was too old and not qualified.

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Trust me id do anything for a new 2013 Toyota Scion FRS, id give up everything i have in my life for one.
If you are gonna give up everything, I'd pick a better car than the FRS...
crazy2.gif

FRS i think is the nicest car under 30k. Its a real head turner and attention getter I think.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back