Im Being Tasked With Building a Tool Kit For The New Crew

Wright is like buying from 50 years ago, which is a good thing. USA steel and production. Not that it is better or not, its just honest product. They do keep updating features but tend to be traditional. I have a Williams larger size 12 in I think, which is very precisely made and little to no jaw spreading, made in China. I bought it on eBay some time ago and the seller hid the made in China but it actually is first rate quality. So far.
For non USA Milwaukee wrenches seem to be top notch, i have a set of open end wrenches and they are unique in look and features, seem very strong. The warranty is lifetime with phone call and picture.

Last edited:
In addition to engraving, is there any responsibility on the recipients of the tools to keep their cart locked and tools accounted for? In not, they will walk away. In our hospital, the mechanics provide their own tool cart and tools.

In addition to engraving, is there any responsibility on the recipients of the tools to keep their cart locked and tools accounted for? In not, they will walk away. In our hospital, the mechanics provide their own tool cart and tools.
Your hospital has mechanics?

Your hospital has mechanics?
Thats their title. They each cover their own areas. They repair everything from door handles,door closers, to cabinets, locks, adding and removing items from the walls. Some do plumbing repairs. They have their own tool cart, with their own drills, bits, hand tools, sockets etc.

Thats their title. They each cover their own areas. They repair everything from door handles closers, to cabinets, locks, adding and removing items from the walls. Some do plumbing repairs. They have their own tool cart, with their own drills, bits, hand tools, sockets etc.
Oh ok I was going to say dang the ambiance’s must brake down a lot to have them at the hospital lol.

The way we used to do it, each shift had a locker and when they were not at work, they used to lock their stuff in said locker. The shop/tool room had a card reader on the door so if you had access to the room, you had access to the shop tools. I had a separate job with tools that were a mix of the stuff they gave me and stuff I brought in myself. I had a locking roll cart which I will bring back after the construction workers clear out.
Guys being responsible for stuff disappearing will be handled on a case by case basis. It happens. Stuff gets lost.
One policy we had which was fine 99% of the time was guys were able to borrow tools as long as they made it known they were taking them and they brought them back in a reasonable amount of time.
We will be engraving all the Milwaukee stuff and guys names on the more expensive hand tools.

Back