Illinois gone electric crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ameren Illinois said energy experts say solar and wind energy has not kept pace with generation capacity lost as fossil fuel plants retire. State Rep. Tim Butler says the die is cast on what he called a decade-long “war on coal,” driving up costs and reducing energy reliability leading to possible brownouts.

Since we are loaded with nuclear plants, why not build more nuclear plants? More nuclear plants up north and maybe a upgraded 235Kw double line down south?

Illinois is a net exporter of electricity. We should not be talking about doubling electric bills and brownouts. We are loosing good jobs at coal plants.

This state is getting to be really expensive if rates double, and brownouts.... if we can't keep the electric going, on a peak summer day, how are we going to increase demand for electric vehicles?

The only plan I see is closed coal plants..... Why was this not thought out better?
Our main producers are Nuclear, Coal and Natural Gas. NG is out of the Q, cause of record high prices, it is very expensive electric. I'm throwing up my hands on this one.

My wife is a senior business analyst and helps restructure companies to be more financially viable.
She hates Illinois and says it's like three states. You have the north, the center and the south. They act like the south doesn't exist.
But Central and Southern are far more alike than the North of I-80 portion.
And I'd suggest North of I-80 and East of I-39/I-90. That's a different Illinois indeed.

My wife is a senior business analyst and helps restructure companies to be more financially viable.
She hates Illinois and says it's like three states. You have the north, the center and the south. They act like the south doesn't exist.

The wide diversity makes it more like 5 or 6 states in one. The diversity is really quite amazing. And the amazing part is NOT Chicago and the collar counties. Those are the worst part of the state and the most predictable.

We need to get off coal period. Yes some jobs will be lost but let's not keep burning coal solely to prevent job loss.

The country needs an energy policy until we can get to fusion, then electricity is free.

We need to get off coal period. Yes some jobs will be lost but let's not keep burning coal solely to prevent job loss.

The country needs an energy policy until we can get to fusion, then electricity is free.
Yes, coal needs to go. Cold fusion is likely not possible. Hot fusion has been available in this solar system for 5 billion years but no one seems to want to pursue it. Hot fusion initiated on this planet will be anything but free since it is very power intensive and technically difficult. Nuclear fission really is the best choice until we learn to better harness the giant fusion reactor in the sky.

Since we are loaded with nuclear plants, why not build more nuclear plants? More nuclear plants up north and maybe a upgraded 235Kw double line down south?

Illinois is a net exporter of electricity. We should not be talking about doubling electric bills and brownouts. We are loosing good jobs at coal plants.

This state is getting to be really expensive if rates double, and brownouts.... if we can't keep the electric going, on a peak summer day, how are we going to increase demand for electric vehicles?

The only plan I see is closed coal plants..... Why was this not thought out better?
Our main producers are Nuclear, Coal and Natural Gas. NG is out of the Q, cause of record high prices, it is very expensive electric. I'm throwing up my hands on this one.

Illinois is Stupid with a capital S. Always was, is now, and always will be.

Why do they have water shortages, along with "odd & even" watering days most every Summer, when the city sits on the shore of the biggest group of freshwater lakes in the world?

Why are their roads, bridges, and other infrastructures falling apart, with no money to fix them, when they have some of the highest property taxes in the nation?

Why are their public schools spending insane amounts of money on teachers pensions, yet the kids who are graduating from them are dumb as stumps?

Why have their toll roads been paid off for decades, yet they not only still collect tolls, but raise the cost on an almost yearly basis? Where is all that money going?

The fact is the people who run Illinois, couldn't run a lemonade stand at a profit. Not even David Copperfield could make money disappear faster, or without a trace, better than Illinois can.

I believe Illinois still holds the record for the most governors and mayors who were sentenced to prison terms. Illinois is a train wreck that just keeps happening.

When you keep consistently electing idiots, Illinois is the result. This isn't "political"..... But rather FACTUAL.

all empires fall. this is the start of the American one.
coal works. out west all the lakes are drying up because they closed all the coal power plants. now they have to drain the lakes for hydro power. and blame it on climate change. idiots. the country and or world isn't ready for green electricity yet. wind farms don't produce enough, solar kinda does but it's not available 24/7,
the tech is getting there, but today it's not.

Last edited:
Illinois is Stupid with a capital S. Always was, is now, and always will be.

Why do they have water shortages, along with "odd & even" watering days most every Summer, when the city sits on the shore of the biggest group of freshwater lakes in the world?

Why are their roads, bridges, and other infrastructures falling apart, with no money to fix them, when they have some of the highest property taxes in the nation?

Why are their public schools spending insane amounts of money on teachers pensions, yet the kids who are graduating from them are dumb as stumps?

Why have their toll roads been paid off for decades, yet they not only still collect tolls, but raise the cost on an almost yearly basis? Where is all that money going?

The fact is the people who run Illinois, couldn't run a lemonade stand at a profit. Not even David Copperfield could make money disappear faster, or without a trace, better than Illinois can.

I believe Illinois still holds the record for the most governors and mayors who were sentenced to prison terms. Illinois is a train wreck that just keeps happening.

When you keep consistently electing idiots, Illinois is the result. This isn't "political"..... But rather FACTUAL.
One word. Corruption...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back