Illegal to advertise car for sale on street?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a franchise name, just a lot where the owner lets people park their cars for sale for a couple bucks a day. Every town up here has one or two of them. A used car lot with no salesmen!

Its getting the same everywhere. There are too many Barney Fifes looking for something to do. Loking for People to harass and beat up.

Last edited:
Somebody phoned him in. If an officer saw it and wanted to do something about it, it would have been on a tow truck and gone, or a real ticket would have been on the windshield. Heck, here, the city wouldn't have even left a note if someone called in to complain. They would have marked the tire, came back 48 hours later and left a ticket, and repeated if necessary.

Never any parking issues in your area because they have ENFORCED parking laws it sounds.

Nothing more trashy on streets that cars that clearly don't move, take up space or folks perpetually selling cars that clearly not owned. The tags rule makes absolute sense otherwise you'd have junkyards start on your street.

Sheer guess but officer saw it not move 48hrs which is clear rule. How long has it been sitting in same spot?

Hello, This thread reminded me to be happy because I have a place where I can park a car on a street which leads into and out from a state highway. FOR SALE signs are an institution because they work.
Craigslist and cars.com work too. If you really want to know there are these things called newspapers which also work.
one in particular is out of Whitehall, NY. It circulates up both sides of Lake Champlain (NY and Vermont) and has provided my friends and neighbors with great results.

A small Vermont note: Apparently they're easy on DMV stuff there. Kids come over to NY with a set of battered plates and drive the car home. Never heard of any fuss. Kira

It's a safety issue. For the same reason they don't want people working on cars on the side of the street.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: Nick1994

So is it real or was the cop having a bad day?

A white guys bad day is an orange tag. He probably beat up a black guy later that day

And note that the VW is black, too. All you need to know.

Its getting the same everywhere. There are too many Barney Fifes looking for something to do. Loking for People to harass and beat up.

You just can't help from poking cops and white people in the eye, can you?

Originally Posted By: grampi

It's sick the way folks denigrate the cops. That kool aid is so sweet some just can't think for themselves.

Find me ANY organization that is more than 99% successful in its interaction with the public...

When did Barney Fife ever beat anyone up?
21.gif

"Barney Fife" describes a small town LEO.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

It's sick the way folks denigrate the cops. That kool aid is so sweet some just can't think for themselves.

Find me ANY organization that is more than 99% successful in its interaction with the public...

Cop denigrators are either thugs, or they think they're being part of the "in" crowd...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad

21.gif

I didn't say he did. That came from our resident cop hater turtlevette...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: madRiver
Never any parking issues in your area because they have ENFORCED parking laws it sounds.

Nothing more trashy on streets that cars that clearly don't move, take up space or folks perpetually selling cars that clearly not owned. The tags rule makes absolute sense otherwise you'd have junkyards start on your street.

Sheer guess but officer saw it not move 48hrs which is clear rule. How long has it been sitting in same spot?

So...you didn't read the post, then.

21.gif

Apologies Gramps. I didnt mean to include you in the "quote."

I 100% agree with your post btw.

Last edited:
Not a good idea to have two different plates on a car. If the regular plates have expired remove them and only display valid temporary plates.

Apologies Gramps. I didnt mean to include you in the "quote."

I 100% agree with your post btw. [/quote]

No problem...

21.gif

He roughed up Opie a few times

You're the only one besides the KKK to complain about that.

Society would be a better place without people like you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back