Rolls Royce for sale. Cheap

On the side of a lonely desert highway are a dozen or so old cars for sale. Big for sale sign in front of them.

Wonder what the story is for a rolls to end up here?

IMG_20240211_081035462.jpg

That's a Bentley, a Rolls with a smoothed out grill for those who would like a Rolls but don't want to be ostentatious.

I've been doing a bit of reading on used Bentleys. They're beautiful and really cheap but unless you can maintain it yourself, extraordinarily costly to keep up. And the old caution, "Never buy a cheap Rolls" also applies to Bentleys. "They" say you should only buy a really really good one and that won't be cheap.

Five years ago a guy parked a 1972 RR Silver Shadow on Paterson Plank Road with a FOR SALE sign in the window.
Dove Grey over Navy Blue paint / grey interior. Both rough
It was a battle wagon resembling a car service vehicle.
He left it open. It was roomy inside and didn't smell.
Lower dash trim (shin strikers?) was missing; suggesting HVAC or ? probs.

It was so unassuming, I called and offered the owner basic services in exchange for a 700 mile jaunt.
He didn't go for it. He wanted $12,000; claiming listings had 'em listed for more.

Parked next to an El Camino and to some old flatbed. Maybe some who likes to buy cars, on the cheap, ran this until stopped, and is now done?

I’d be more interested in the other iron in that photo!

The paint wear suggests it was parked at a desert air strip and saw 4000 planes take off right in front of it.

Go ahead and buy a cheap rolls. Feel free to fabricate and macgyver your way to success. It'll show those stuck up yuppies that they aren't what they think they are.

Rolls, inc wrote John Lennon a nasty letter just for hippie-painting his own one of their cars.

Back