If you were forced to use 1 motor oil for life....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: madeej11
So sorry deven only 1 vote per member and Royal Smurple don't count.

Ahhh getting old and can't remember if I already replied to this thread lol but purple smurfs definitely counts!!

A 15W-40 HDEO with 1200-1300 ppm of Zddp that is also API SL/SM
smile.gif

That would depend on who is forcing me to only have a choice of one oil for the rest of my life. If it's a government thing, I guess I would have to use what they allow the public to use. An employer ? Well, I already have a stock pile of their oil, and am happy to use it, I have no problem with A3/B4 Castrol Edge 5W-30. I don't know any other way I could be forced to use one oil, but if I had to choose, of my own free will...it'd be Penrite HPR 30.

Originally Posted By: AEHaas
Motorcraft 5W-20

AEHaas

Hello,
I am curious as to the reason you chose MC 5-20. Do you have a long history with this oil, OCI?

Originally Posted By: tig1
Motorcraft 5W-20

AEHaas

Hello,
I am curious as to the reason you chose MC 5-20. Do you have a long history with this oil, OCI?

I do. I have used it in my wife's Murcielago, Bentley Flying Spur Speed and Rolls Royce Ghost. It is the current only oil I'm using in the
Ghost. Some UOA were posted if you search for them. I happen to think a synthetic blend is better then a true full synthetic or a full non synthetic.
I did have a 30 grade oil thin out to a 20 grade in the Enzo but my current oil for this engine is Renewable Lubricants Inc. 0W-30, a bio-based oil I helped develop for my car.

AEHaas

Originally Posted By: tig1
Motorcraft 5W-20

AEHaas

Hello,

I do. I have used it in my wife's Murcielago, Bentley Flying Spur Speed and Rolls Royce Ghost. It is the current only oil I'm using in the
Ghost. Some UOA were posted if you search for them. I happen to think a synthetic blend is better then a true full synthetic or a full non synthetic.
I did have a 30 grade oil thin out to a 20 grade in the Enzo but my current oil for this engine is Renewable Lubricants Inc. 0W-30, a bio-based oil I helped develop for my car.

AEHaas

If you look at the collection of UOAs in the thread below, it seems Motorcraft shears a lot, at least in the V8 Coyote.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ub...lec#Post4730543

Originally Posted By: ZZman
If you had to use only one motor oil for the rest of your life you would choose...

Mine is Pennzoil Platinum.

x2
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back