If you had the means to move anywhere in the US today where would that be?

Sedona, living on the outskirts close enough to shopping but far away enough from tourists.

The elevation is not high enough for beneficial hypoxia though, but the views, oh wow. Maybe there are some other towns in the area higher up.

Last edited:
Next time you're in that area, drive through Hinkley, from the Erin Brockovich movie.

Scott
Yeah...been there. No Thanks! My brother worked for Lockheed for many decades, He worked in Burbank and lived in Tajunga. His job moved to Palmdale and he lived between the Grapevine pass and Palmdale, dirt, aqueducts, black widows and rattlesnakes. His job then moved to Marrietta, Georgia. He lasted for two years there. Took about a 50K yearly pay cut, 25 years ago, and moved back to Cali. The only place in California I consider more beautiful than where you are at is the coastal range between the Napa and Sonoma valleys.

Not really interested. Everyplace has upside and down.

CA has lots of beautiful places, but… no.

Anyplace mid Atlantic (say N GA through NH, but that’s a stretch on the north and south sides) with a beach is fair game, but too close to it and it’s a hurricane risk I don’t want.

Go to the mountains and you’re too far from the beach.

So I’ll stay where I’m at and buy some extra properties in places I like.

Not really interested. Everyplace has upside and down.

CA has lots of beautiful places, but… no.

Anyplace mid Atlantic (say N GA through NH, but that’s a stretch on the north and south sides) with a beach is fair game, but too close to it and it’s a hurricane risk I don’t want.

Go to the mountains and you’re too far from the beach.

So I’ll stay where I’m at and buy some extra properties in places I like.
When I was stationed in NYC in the early 1980's. I had a couple buddies from New Jersey that we went to their homes a few times. One's family lived near Princeton and the other near Cape May. I really liked the looks of New Jersey. Viable candidate for moving to in my opinion except for maybe the tax structure. It is also nearly 3000 miles away from our relatives.

I’m at the beach now and also was there thu-sat. I can’t stop worrying if my Maui Jim’s will get scratched or if sand will muck up my iPhone 😂

The oddity is I don’t see myself leaving the Phila. Suburbs. It’s just so darn inexpensive compared to other places in a 100 mile radius. Unlike all, say we go to DC and a meal that is $70 in Pa is $100 in DC. It matters to me and I want to go home 😂

So maybe cost is no object I stay where I am just get a house like Jason Kelce (his kid would go to my son’s elementary if he doesn’t retire and his daughter goes to public school).

IMG_2998.jpeg

It’s nice here away from the nasty urban centers. Those areas are more insane than…..average
The Puget Sound area sucks. No one should move here. So miserable. Much dreary. How un-fun. :)

Nothing can really beat summers in Western Washington. Winter can be hard for people who like blue sky and sunny weather but you never freeze your keister off and you can get by quite nicely without owning a snow shovel.

why the Flagstaff area? I live here and it's stupid expensive. I'm ready to leave.
I am not the person you asked but I may know some of the allure of the area.

Flagstaff has great retirement and gate communities for people who can afford it. With the current border situation, that is a premium that people like me can justify if I want to live there.

For me personally, if I have family and need to be local in the area and it is where the jobs are, I would be in those fancy Nancy gate communities along with 2 dogs to alert me of trouble so I can call the tax-siphoners to come take care of it. But I doubt I would retire in Flagstaff unless it is where grandkids would be at. There are much better places than Flagstaff in term of weather and safety. It is called Florida and Texas; the gators and the rednecks keep the chaos to acceptable level.

Back