Idaho College Killer Suspect Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perps at the scenes or memorials are very common. As Fire Marshal I got many good leads and actually caught a couple serial offenders on scene.
This is why I assume the police/FBI have video footage of the memorials and if it was him we will know rather then fuzzy looking UFO videos and still images, the police would have crystal clear ones.
There will always be all kind of crazy stuff in the media to keep you tuned in for advertising revenue as along as the speculation seems reasonable.

Kind of a long video, but some good discussion. IMO, the prosecution will have so much incriminating evidence (that we haven't seen yet - only have seen the affidavit info) that his defense team will be buried and not be able to defend and "explain things away" with any credible logic.

Last edited:
There is a gag order on the case. We will not learn anything new for months until trial. Anything here on in is news media sensationalism and or speculation and also people looking for their 15 minutes of fame in the media who say they knew the guy.

As far as I see it, and I have said many times in this thread with the limited information in the affidavit, if that is all they had, it can be shot full of holes with a proper defense team. I am sure as referenced I think in the story I posed below the police must have a boatload of other information, if they dont, well, we will know in 6 months or whatever.

Of course the police/FBI will have much more evidence for trial than what's shown in the probable cause/arrest affidavit. The affidavit isn't to ultimately prove he's guilty without more supporting evidence ... it's simply enough evidence to surely obtained an arrest warrant from a judge to allow the police to arrest and charge the subject under investigation.

Based on some of the sloppiness by the subject I've seen in this case, I'm betting they find a lot more evidence, including victim DNA in his car and/or apartment. The DNA collection and testing is very high tech and sophisticated these days. And DNA is basically impossible to "explain away" (unless it's a non-evidence driven sham trial like OJ's). Plus any info from his electronic devices will be very damaging and will cement it all together. I have a theory that his defense will argue he had mental problems from the past (which seems to be the case), and therefore plead for a no death penalty, but will get life in prison instead. The trial will be interesting.

PS - As far as the shoe print doubt brought up in the linked article in the previous post, the police can tell what size shoe it was. The women in the house won't be wearing a large man's shoe size. And she says they would "need more solid evidence he was there" ... ummm, his DNA was found on a USMC Ka-Bar knife sheath laying next to two dead girls that were stabbed to death isn't proof he was there?

Last edited:
There is a gag order on the case. We will not learn anything new for months until trial. Anything here on in is news media sensationalism and or speculation and also people looking for their 15 minutes of fame in the media who say they knew the guy.

As far as I see it, and I have said many times in this thread with the limited information in the affidavit, if that is all they had, it can be shot full of holes with a proper defense team. I am sure as referenced I think in the story I posed below the police must have a boatload of other information, if they dont, well, we will know in 6 months or whatever.

I was wondering why the news has stopped cold turkey talking about the case.

Good interview ^^^ most sane one I have seen. Pretty balanced.
The “death penalty” though is a buzz word. He still needs to be found guilty and death penalty is where the defense attorney went off the rails a bit.
Idaho only performs approx. one execution every ten years do he will be around for a decade to couple decades no matter what.
We can only assume they have found DNA in his car or possessions if not it will be a difficult case to prove.

We can only assume they have found DNA in his car or possessions if not it will be a difficult case to prove.
My theory is people's minds will be blown when we see what evidence was found in his car, apartment and on his electronic devices. With that much carnage at the scene, the chances of finding any of the victims blood/DNA in the car and/or apartment is very likely, especially based on how well DNA can be collected and detected these days. Will be interesting for sure.

Last edited:
My theory is people's minds will be blown when we see what evidence was found in his car, apartment and on his electronic devices. With that much carnage at the scene, the chances of finding any of the victims blood/DNA in the car and/or apartment is very likely, especially based on how well DNA can be collected and detected these days. Will be interesting for sure.
I would be shocked if they didn’t find mountains of DNA, so much so if that if they don’t it would seriously cast doubt as far as guilt.

It did make a favorite local watering hole I go to newsworthy. Hell I may have been sitting next to him at the bar and never realized it.

I have been saying, so far the information that has been released to the public, is not a sure fire conviction which these experts seem to wholeheartedly agree.
So far, the public info is basically what's in the affidavit, which was basically just the evidence needed to ensure an arrest warrant was granted. The big part being a DNA link. You can bet the police swabbed his cheek after he was arrested for a direct DNA match check. He wasn't released from arrest, so I'd say that direct DNA match was positive.

Just wait until the search warrant details on his car, appartment and electronic devices are divulged. My theory is there will be much more evidence found that will be overwhelming for his defense team to "explain away".

You know guys (and girls) there is something way more to this than we know that I cant help but feel. Keeping in mind this person has not been convicted of anything yet. Certainly there are going to be some surprises for sure and I have NO idea what they are.
Is he innocent or are there other parties involved or were these victims active in something we dont know.
We all know the families and everyone involved know something because they are all in favor of keeping this sealed until March 1st from what I understand. I suspect maybe they are looking for someone else? It's a real mystery.
It's really interesting, I dont think this is something that you may not already know but I saw a different spin put on it.

I mean REALLY, READ these words below;
"Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create a serious and imminent threat to law enforcement, and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety," a judge wrote in an order keeping the warrant sealed, KREM 2 News in Washington reported.

How could there be a serious and imminent threat to law enforcement?
How could this result in a premature end to the investigation which could create a threat to public safety?
I mean, read these words with an open mind.

More to the story than we know of course, but something more is going on.

My mind still says this is all going to boil down to either a jealous ex boyfriend, jealous new boyfriend or lover, or both.

I mean REALLY, READ these words below;
"Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create a serious and imminent threat to law enforcement, and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety," a judge wrote in an order keeping the warrant sealed, KREM 2 News in Washington reported.

How could there be a serious and imminent threat to law enforcement?
How could this result in a premature end to the investigation which could create a threat to public safety?
I mean, read these words with an open mind.

More to the story than we know of course, but something more is going on.
I interpret that to mean , a threat to how law enforcement obtains data, evidence and puts together a case, a threat of knowing their methods.

Threat to public safety, to me means if cases get dismissed, because too much is disclosed before hand , and defense councils claim they cannot get unbiased juries. Potential criminals returned to the streets. ( Even though they already are).

My mind still says this is all going to boil down to either a jealous ex boyfriend, jealous new boyfriend or lover, or both.
I highly doubt it. If the suspect was connected in any way to the level of a boyfriend/lover, etc type relationship with anyone in that circle of friends the police would have found that out by now, and without too much effort - ie, interviewing all their friends and going through all their phones with a fine toothed comb.

I highly doubt it. If the suspect was connected in any way to the level of a boyfriend/lover, etc type relationship with anyone in that circle of friends the police would have found that out by now, and without too much effort - ie, interviewing all their friends and going through all their phones with a fine toothed comb.
I think there's a lot they're not telling the public. We've had to investigate MANY infidelity cases (whether it be lovers/bf-gf/husband/wife) and jealous partners will do the most insane stuff.

I think there's a lot they're not telling the public. We've had to investigate MANY infidelity cases (whether it be lovers/bf-gf/husband/wife) and jealous partners will do the most insane stuff.
Sure they do insane stuff, but so do syco socialpaths and other types of crazy acting people that commit crimes like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back