I was walking around WalMart today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by schwartr88:

well this ignorant idiot ran a triumph bonneville motorcycle in on vulvoline 20w50 in about 1986 . wiped out the new cams and followers, scored the valve stems and generally made my life miserable, so i'll leave it to the water cooled commuters thankyou very much [/QUOTE]

Ive also read that M1, Pennzoil, QS, Castrol, and many other oils "ruined" someones engine at one point in time. I guess this means ALL oil is **** and none of them should ever be used. [/QB][/QUOTE]
maybe mate, but when you use all new parts, assembly lube and alot of experience combined with running in patience, just where does it leave you???
confused.gif

the oil man sez it's not his fault
the parts man sez it's not his fault
so just go suck a kumara man, ya musta put it together wrong
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by schwartr88:
Clyde65,
Some Walmarts have a 5 quart box for 10 dollars. Keep an eye out for that.

Carbondale Illinois Walmart last night (7/11) had the (5) 1qt bottles Valvoline dino AND Maxlife in a box, at least 5/30 and 10/30 for 7.50!

Plus you get a die-cast Valvoline race car. Too cool.

quote:

Originally posted by k1xv:
There are two kinds of hoarding. The first is people who buy out a store in response to an expected upcoming emergency, i.e., a hurricane and they are buying up bottled water. After the storm, the spike demand is not sustained.

My hoarding remark was more tongue in cheek than a statement of what I believe to be true.

That being said, it seems that the shelves are just not re-stocked for weeks at a time.

Originally posted by paulo57509:
quote:

That being said, it seems that the shelves are just not re-stocked for weeks at a time.
Yeah I can't understand it either. I mean.. how hard is it to put a bottle of oil on the shelf? Everytime I go in there.. I see a lot of empty shelf spaces. They got my MaxLife in 10W-40, but if I wanted DuraBlend in a 10W-40, I'd have to forget it since they only have it in a 10W-30. And if I was a TropArtic guy, I'd be very disappointed, because they are ALWAYS.. out of that.

"I was walking around Walmart today" is something you'll never see me post. I avoid that place like the plague.

I cleaned out my PepBoys of Valvoline when they put the 5 packs on sale for $5!!! Oh, that reminds me I was gonna give my kids those cars for X-mas!!!!
blush.gif

Most of you guys that have been to Walmart face the same conflict: Yeah, the oil is cheaper and the selection rivals or exceeds the auto parts stores. Also, the ST filters are outstanding value for money and if you need car wax or a bucket and sponge or some PB Blaster...Walmart has it and the price is usually about as low as it's going to get.

The tradeoff of course is: the shelves are usually not stocked. The dept. can often look like a claymore or 2 went off there. The checkout lines usually just suck. Walmart has adopted the overall philosophy that you will pay with your time and blood pressure for that low price. They simply do not care.
There are of course exceptions and if you can time your automotive purchase to off hours shortly after a dept. has been restocked, you will be OK.
I think Walmart is having some issues. They are a media target. They have more grass roots organizations targeting them now then ever before. They have made some huge marketing blunders costing tens of millions and they have a labor issue that is not going away.
#@$%!, I was in two of the yesterday looking for something for an iPod...it was clear neither one had been restocked with popular accessories since Christmas or before. So much for the worlds greatest retail logistics systems.

Quote:

Most of you guys that have been to Walmart face the same conflict: The tradeoff of course is: the shelves are usually not stocked. The dept. can often look like a claymore or 2 went off there. The checkout lines usually just suck. Walmart has adopted the overall philosophy that you will pay with your time and blood pressure for that low price. They simply do not care.

It is very obvious that since Sam Walton left the driver's seat his incompetent heirs f&^%$$%ed it all up.
frown.gif

And to boot WalMart and Target blow also.
frown.gif

Well, count THIS poster as a big fan of Wal-Mart. (And no, I don't work for them nor do I have any stock in them, at least not that I know of, unless it's in one of my m.f.'s)

A lot depends on which store and area of the country you are in. Around here, the Wal-Marts in Evansville are usually clean and well-stocked, especially the one closer to my house. As for checking out, it is hit and miss, but if I only have a few items, I usually use the self-check out anyway, so I'm in and out very quickly.

It's not completely fair to Wal-Mart or any other business to make such sweeping generalizations. It's easy to sit back and criticize the big boys, and sometimes they deserve it. Heck, I've done it myself (just read my XOM posts). But the quality of service and efficiency of store operations is often (not always) simply a reflection of the area in which the store operates and the kind of labor/management they can get. And yes, sometimes it even has to do with the type of customers they have. Let's face it...some customers can make a store look really bad, tearing up stuff, moving #@$%! around, knocking stuff over and breaking things, messing up the restrooms, letting their kids destroy the place, intimidating other customers, etc. Now I know this doesn't apply to anyone on BITOG, but...
laugh.gif

For me, a quick way to gauge the efficiency of an operation is to check out the bathrooms. If they are generally clean, well-stocked, and well-maintained, then that is usually a good sign that the store runs pretty much the same way. (Again, this is just an indicator...not an always-thing.)

Some areas just can't get anyone who cares (including managers and customers), and some can. As for me, at this point, and in this area, Wal-Mart will continue to get my business because they deserve it. Apparently, I'm not alone.
patriot.gif

I usually hit WalMart when I git off shift at 6AM on the way home (yeah I know it's not the UNION thing to do, but at least for the time being the local WallyWorld still carries Motorcraft filters). I can usually find PP 5qt jugs and maybe a stray MerconV qt or two.

Seems like we are reaping what we have sown when we abandoned the small man for a cheaper price and convenience of having all of the made in China products under one roof.
rugerman.gif

Quote:

Seems like we are reaping what we have sown when we abandoned the small man for a cheaper price and convenience of having all of the made in China products under one roof.
rugerman.gif

The things we say, do, and feel as *citizens* is often contradicted by our actions as *consumers*.

Human nature, I guess.
dunno.gif

Although I go there, I am not a fan.
I'm label conscious, and if it says made in
canada.gif
or
patriot.gif

then that's what I'll buy.
If we all did that it would make a difference.
It's your patriotic duty.
usa2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back