I want one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:
The Satrun version, on the other hand, is trying too hard to look like the Corvette, IMO.

Having seen one in person, I disagree. The lines on the front of the Sky are much more square-ish than the curvy nose of the 'vette. The rest of the car looks almost exactly like the Solstice.

quote:

Originally posted by Matt_S:

quote:

Originally posted by G-Man II:
The Satrun version, on the other hand, is trying too hard to look like the Corvette, IMO.

Having seen one in person, I disagree. The lines on the front of the Sky are much more square-ish than the curvy nose of the 'vette. The rest of the car looks almost exactly like the Solstice.

Could be. I haven't seen the Sky in person yet. My opinion was based on the photo.

The Saturn Sky looks like a mini-Corvette to me.

Between the two, I like the looks of the Sky better, but I think both are hot cars.

I sat in one at the Indy Auto Show and was amazed how comfortable the car was. The shifter was in the PERFECT position for me. I'm sure it's a blast to drive.

There's a user on this board, s/n is IndyFan. He lives near me and has a Solstice. I've yet to see it but we've exchanged PM's regarding it.

The solstice screams MR Spyder with the overused, still ugly pontiac dual grill. The front end looks like someone just rolled some metal and shoved it on.

OriginHacker21 wrote:
quote:

As for the Ford Fusion - that car looks really nice. I just wish there were more powerful motor options.

2006 is first model year for Fusion.

A new 3.5L Duratec engine is in development and should be available soon. We may be pleasantly surprised by this.
cool.gif

Again, the outside of the Fusion isn't bad - sans the Gillette Fusion razor grill, but take a look inside. Unbelievably bad.
I went and saw one in person, and I was really disappointed.

Scott

in the current issue of hot rod they put an LS7 into the solstice.

i dont care who you are, solstice + LS7 = *drools*

ScottB wrote:
quote:

Again, the outside of the Fusion isn't bad - sans the Gillette Fusion razor grill, but take a look inside. Unbelievably bad.

I agree with this for current production models. Hence, the very wise advice to not buy a first model year anything.

However, I see lots of potential there. Wouldn't you agree?

I liked the Saab style lean interior... But they'll gonna market the grotesque Opel here.

When the Daewoo and Cadillac versions will come? The problem is, IMHO, that you can't buy some-thing from GM.

quote:

Originally posted by Iain:
ScottB wrote:
quote:

I agree with this for current production models. Hence, the very wise advice to not buy a first model year anything.

However, I see lots of potential there. Wouldn't you agree?

If I thought they'd make real changes in the second year, yes.
Whoever is designing the insides of GM/Ford vehicles needs to be fired.
I'm serious. Nothing short of this will do.

Scott

quote:

Originally posted by racer12306:
in the current issue of hot rod they put an LS7 into the solstice.

i dont care who you are, solstice + LS7 = *drools*

grin.gif
burnout.gif
Yeah, that thing is quite sick huh?? Kinda like a modern day 427 SC Cobra, yeah, I know it does not have any pedigree/rarity/panache like that monster did, blah, blah, blah.

well after hating the GM Interiors for years and years i have to say after seeing the interior of the new Solstice i'm quite impressed.

they still need to get away from those Goofy circular vents in my opinion.

Just saw one (Solstice) on the road today... I must say it's a nice looking car apart from the front grill, but then again, a lot of cars these days are going towards those huge grills these days (Audi for one) and I just can't seem to get used to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back