I want a Geo Metro

They're a bit of an endurance test on the highway. I drove one round-trip from Gillette, WY to Rapid City, SD. Engine screaming, and sidewinds having their way with me the whole drive. I might actually like one strictly as a commuter, but as a traveler..... nope.

Ford fiesta? Some of them have the 3 cyl motor. Stick shift only, naturally-- the automatics are terrible.

My friend in HS had one. Bone stock at first. Then one day he started "modding" it. Put on a glasspack muffler. It farted around the parking lot and everyone knew who was driving it.

I'd love a good condition low mileage metro hatch I seen one years ago with a simple body kit it was a really sharp looking car.

Ford fiesta? Some of them have the 3 cyl motor. Stick shift only, naturally-- the automatics are terrible.

I just saw a '93 Ford Festiva with a 1.8 liter Mazda engine installed in it, advertised locally. I think they were asking $1200, and it didn't look that bad.

Depending on the market, a decent Metro worth buying could cost as much as a Mirage or Spark, either of which are much better than the Metro

There is also the Scion XA. If it doesn't have to be a hatchback, get an Echo (the Echo hatch was only sold in Canada). The Echo gets about the same mpg as a Metro, and it is a much better car being a Toyota. They are also very simple, and it only weighs about 2000 lb. A car with aribags will be much safer than one without.

I seen one at Walmart a few years ago. Haven’t seen one since. I’ve seen plenty of similar ones like the Cavaliers and a few of the Mirage. Pretty cool cars.

Quick question Rand (and everybody else). Was not the Ford Festiva the only car made in Spain to come to the USA?
I remember hearing that somewhere.

These things seem to have a little of a cult following, if you find one in decent shape I would expect it to go for a decent amount. A friend in college bought one for $300, it was actually a fun little car to drive.

Quick question Rand (and everybody else). Was not the Ford Festiva the only car made in Spain to come to the USA?
I remember hearing that somewhere.

The Festiva was made in Korea. It's a Kia that was a copy of some small Mazda of the time.

A few Spanish cars have been sold in the US, such as the Transit Connect and the Audi Q3

Have fond memories of the festiva.. a buddy in Highschool early 90's had the plus version iirc it was like 63hp for the plus.
Some good times in that thing.

If I was looking for a fun little modern car I'd get the fiesta 1.0T manual transmission.. 10x safer too.
I did Seriously consider getting one 5 years ago.

Back