I tried to prevent a Fram sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was standing in line at Walmart buying my MaxLife. The guy behind me had an arm full of quart size bottles of Mobil 1 and a Fram filter. I tried explaining to the guy how Fram constructs their filters with cardboard end caps and how there's a chance of the filter media collapsing cutting off the flow of oil. He looked at me with a blank stare and said he's always used Frams. He then went on to say he always thought Frams were the best.
shocked.gif

I'm thinking to myself: here's a guy buying high end Mobil 1 oil with an inferior Fram filter.
bop.gif

Oh well. . . I tried.
dunno.gif

At least you can sleep well tonight knowing you tried to help him. Some people can't be helped.

Quote:

At least you can sleep well tonight knowing you tried to help him. Some people can't be helped.

It's the ol' "I'm comfortable with my beliefs, don't confuse me with the facts" scenario.

Like the majority of folks, his buying decisions were based on the products' advertising saying, "I'm the best", so he follows the lead and gets Fram, Mobil 1...
hide.gif
(oops).

Quote:

Hard to believe he didn't recognize an internet oil filter expert...

You should have lashed your official BITOG membership card and taken that Fram into your custody for his protection.
laugh.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Hard to believe he didn't recognize an internet oil filter expert...

You should have lashed your official BITOG membership card and taken that Fram into your custody for his protection.
laugh.gif

I was thinking during the whole time I was talking to the guy that I wish I had a BITOG business card with the site's address on it.
grin.gif

I'm sorry sir. Do you really want to do that?

Do what?

Buy that product? Have you thought it out?

Who are you?

Oil and filter police, sir. Just doing my job. You're about to commit a 409-AB3 violation. Fram buying out of ignorance. Now please step away from the Fram, sir.

Quote:

I'm sorry sir. Do you really want to do that?

Do what?

Buy that product? Have you thought it out?

Who are you?

Oil and filter police, sir. Just doing my job. You're about to commit a 409-AB3 violation. Fram buying out of ignorance. Now please step away from the Fram, sir.

LOL!!! . . .
laugh.gif

I only explain to young ladies with nice cleavage that Fram is not a great oil filter and there are better ones even at Walmart. So even if she buys a Fram it was not a wasted discussion.

Quote:

I only explain to young ladies with nice cleavage that Fram is not a great oil filter and there are better ones even at Walmart. So even if she buys a Fram it was not a wasted discussion.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
throwroses.sml

Quote:

Cleavage is nice -- but the entire body works too.

Quote:

I tried explaining to the guy how Fram constructs their filters with cardboard end caps and how there's a chance of the filter media collapsing cutting off the flow of oil.

How is Fram more prone to collapsing?

And the cardboard endcaps? How exactly did you explain the "problems" with those?

Just curious...he might have ignored your advice for good reason....or maybe he's is a Fram zombie...a casualty of their marketing campaign.

I felt like we had this discussion 4 years ago

"On one of my trips to Walmart hoping for 5qt jugs of M1 to show up, I see a guy with his kid carrying a case of oil. He stops and puts a bunch of [EMAIL]F@#%[/EMAIL] filters on top. I look at him and say,"those Supertech filters are better than F-). He just gives me a deer in the headlights look and continues on his way. Oh well!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back