I took the plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on my reading of several threads on this grease forum I took the recomendation of fellow Bitoger's and aquired some Mystic JT-6. I used it to repack some wheel bearings. Gonna start using it in the tie rods and ball joints on the Oldsmobile also. Can anyone in the know - make any statements on any automobile or light truck applications where this grease should not be used?

Been using it for approx. 30 years on my own and customers vehicles. If there's something better you'll probably need a permit to buy it! When used consistently, most vehicles won't last long enough to test the life of grease.

Bob

I'm assuming you got the Mystik Hi-Temp. Lith. Complex JT-6. I'd use it in all applications, except for CV-Joints or the driveshapt sliding yoke joints assuming the car/LT has said joints. For such joints/zerks, a good Moly LC such as Amsoil would be better...and those who use Schaeffer's alumnium-base grease with Moly swear by it for the above-mentioned exceptions. Your JT-6 High-Temp #2 is a great grease, overall! It is especially good for your usage as a wheel bearing grease and it meets the stringent Spicer requirements for their excellent driveshaft universals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back