I Thought Blackberry Was Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jigen
BB simply won't be able to grab a spot with android... At this point it's really just Samsung and Apple who are the major players in the smartphone world.

LG is struggling to impress consumers with their flagships (G5/V10)... same goes with HTC, but they are in a worse spot than LG. The phones aren't bad, they are good... They are just not undercutting Samsung pricing enough to make people switch over. And Samsung nowadays is just outdoing every other android manufacture in both hardware specs and build quality (this used to be samsungs weak spot).

Samsung doesn't source out many parts. Displays, CPUs, ram, flash storage... All their own. How can other manufacturers be as competitive? It's tough.

I agree, Samsung and Apple are the big players. LG, Motorola and possibly Blackberry will be niche players. Blackberry squandered their opportunity years ago.

Yeah that piqued my curiosity is all.

Back to Blackberry, I was deciding between the Passport and the iPhone 6+ when I needed to replace my Q10. I'm glad I didn't get the Passport because now Blackberry has become even more fractured between android, BBOS 10 and the previous versions of BBOS.

I do like the blackberry aesthetic, a removable battery, and being able to add storage. BBOS 10 was a good OS to use too.

I wish they had moved to Android about 7 years ago.

According to my coworkers, half of BB's employees moved to Palm years ago and then later on the Palm employees part way between Apple and Amazon. Based on this the old BB is dead, and if you have to gather enough people to do a new phone it would be a new team, and a design based on a new architecture (Android under the hood).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back