I ordered some Cam2 CVT fluid for a Subaru TR580 CVT

It is the proper green color for Subaru and a great price, $70 for a case of 12 (under $6/qt). It will go in a 2015 Forester (SJ)

Here is the listing on Amazon (sold by Auto Barn, a marketplace seller). I tried to order it directly from Auto Barn on their site, but when I clicked on the cart to check out, the cart was empty! :eek:

Since there is no VOA for the Cam2 CVT, I might get one done on it.

Has anybody on here used Cam2? :unsure:

Provided it's "suitable for use in", I'll consider it for my 2019 Nissan Pathfinder's CVT once I'm beyond 60K miles. Currently at 51K and I've done 4-5 drain/fills using mail-ordered NS-3 fluid. NS-3 is blue, but drains out a greenish color, so Cam2 fluid could probably pass for OEM even if you were under warranty.

Provided it's "suitable for use in", I'll consider it for my 2019 Nissan Pathfinder's CVT once I'm beyond 60K miles. Currently at 51K and I've done 4-5 drain/fills using mail-ordered NS-3 fluid. NS-3 is blue, but drains out a greenish color, so Cam2 fluid could probably pass for OEM even if you were under warranty.
So are you doing 10-12k drain intervals???

It’s out of stock through your link. Did you just buy it on Amazon?

I’m looking at cvt fluids for our crv, I’d like to see a voa of this fluid. I prefer Valvoline products but their cvt fluid has a cst 5.6 @ 100 and castrol along with most of the other brands start at 7+, closer to the Honda cvt fluid.

It’s out of stock through your link. Did you just buy it on Amazon?

I’m looking at cvt fluids for our crv, I’d like to see a voa of this fluid. I prefer Valvoline products but their cvt fluid has a cst 5.6 @ 100 and castrol along with most of the other brands start at 7+, closer to the Honda cvt fluid.

Yeah, I bought it yesterday, when there were 7 cases left. When I first posted this thread, there were 3 cases left. When I went to check now, it still says there are 2 cases left :unsure:

I used Amalie CVT fluid on a Honda last year, and it is good stuff. Autozone and AAP house brands are Amalie. Nothing wrong with Castrol and Valvoline, either :)

Honda's OEM fluid is amber in color, like regular oil. Valvoline and Amalie are amber, and most aftermarket CVT fluids are, too. If price is a concern, Amazon has Lucas CVT by the gallon for just under $20, making it the cheapest CVT fluid other than the potentially scary Castrol Universal ATF/CVT. The Lucas CVT is amber.

Lucas for $20, was limited to 1 bottle, don’t know if there was only one left or the seller will only sell one per account. Found this out of the blue and went ahead and ordered it, great price and company. I didn’t think it would ship free to me but it went through with the purchase even with my non contiguous address.

it’s Kendall versatrans cvt plus $5.63 a qt. Amber as well. https://www.kendallmotoroils.com/kendall-cvt-transmission-fluid/

Lucas for $20, was limited to 1 bottle, don’t know if there was only one left or the seller will only sell one per account. Found this out of the blue and went ahead and ordered it, great price and company. I didn’t think it would ship free to me but it went through with the purchase even with my non contiguous address.

it’s Kendall versatrans cvt plus $5.63 a qt. Amber as well. https://www.kendallmotoroils.com/kendall-cvt-transmission-fluid/

That is a good price :)

Back