I love silver cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought that I would actually purchase a silver car to be honest. I am not crazy about the actual color, and there are a handful of other colors I probably prefer... But with my daughter, work, and just getting older, I have very little time to obsess over my vehicles like in the past.

That's why I went with silver.

The whole "silver cars don't look dirty" phrase is no joke. My car can get pretty nasty and it still looks relatively clean. And when you give the car a quick wash it looks good since the silver tends to hide any imperfections.

I just gave my car a very quick wax job and I am pretty impressed with how good it looks.

Here's a pic of what took all of maybe 20 minutes total:
golfwax.jpg

iPhone + image site compression doesn't help much with the pic but you get the idea. It also seems like VW has a really nice silver paint. I've compared other silver cars and I prefer this one over some of the other makes.

Agree, silver works well for a car color, looks decent, shines well, maybe doesnt reflect as deeply, but that's really only a consideration for a show car IMO. Silver can look really good. Yours does.

Now get some pics of fall clors reflecting in the silver paint, makes for nice shots!

Used to have a silver hatchback, hid scratches very very well.
Only reason I didnt buy silver this time was that its too common of a color. Dont know if that is a bank lease thing or what.

I don't mind the color, per se, but there are so many of them...very popular...and I always have to be different.
smile.gif

Blends in to well with pavement, hard to see. Never really been a problem for me but I know of accidents because of it blending in.

Nice looking VW Golf!

Lots os Silver out there these days. It does look good and from what I've heard pretty easy to maintain.

I own two black vehicles...ya I know I'm sick!

Nice thing is there are so many other colors for those who don't want silver!

I ordered my car in black and ended up getting a shot at a silver one. In taking it I learned that silver was an excellent choice.

My silver S2000 and E430 barely look dirtied after 3-4 weeks without wash, the black jade LS400 is very dirty looking after 2 weeks.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
My silver S2000 and E430 barely look dirtied after 3-4 weeks without wash, the black jade LS400 is very dirty looking after 2 weeks.

Black is a second marriage. It's the prettiest when clean but deteriorates the fastest and is the ugliest when dirty. I also have a silver car and love it. I have a dark blue one which is more high maintenance.

After driving my black Corvette as a daily driver for the last 7 years, any other color was going to be easy for me when I was looking for a new daily driver, and I'm finding my blue Civic is very easy to keep looking clean. It's a fresh breath of air not having to break out the microfiber cloth and detailing spray twice a day anymore! I can go a couple of weeks between washing my Civic and even if I've driven it in the rain I find it still looks fairly clean even when I'm standing almost right beside the car. So silver isn't the only color that's easy to keep clean (and I'm glad my Civic isn't silver, as I see Civic coupes in silver all the time around here, but don't see them in blue as often)

It's nice, now that I only drive my Corvette once or twice a week I also find I'm not quite as picky about getting every speck of dust off it, so I go 2-3 weeks before I break out the detailing spray (I just did that this afternoon so I should probably be good for the rest of this month now)

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Up to four or five other colors sometimes.

I wish you could order cars with the individual selection we used to be able to. 20 colors, individual pick your option--instead of a package.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Silver makes any car look boring but I agree its an easy color to maintain.

Yep, have 3 silver ones right now....

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Up to four or five other colors sometimes.

I wish you could order cars with the individual selection we used to be able to. 20 colors, individual pick your option--instead of a package.

Oh so true... I remember when I ordered my Chevelle there were tons of choices!!!!

I don't like silver, but our MDX is silver and I will agree that it stays looking clean for a while. Silver is so "dull" to me. You rarely see silvers that have a deep metallic to them, so they hardly ever "pop" in the sunlight.

Silver is safe, but I'm getting somewhat tired of silvers/greys (had too many of them). I like the deeper, metallic reds. The silvers and whites just don't pop like the reds/blues, etc. I don't like plain red.

I never tire of Silver paint! I have it in my 330ci (Titan silber) and on my F150 ( sterling silver ). Both vehicles stay clean looking , touch up well (I live the trash state - Texas) and are easy to make gorgeous!

The Titan silber also stays cooler in the sun than some of the other colors I've had. And, good point - black truly is a second marriage!!!

Originally Posted By: double vanos
I never tire of Silver paint! I have it in my 330ci (Titan silber) and on my F150 ( sterling silver ). Both vehicles stay clean looking , touch up well (I live the trash state - Texas) and are easy to make gorgeous!

The Titan silber also stays cooler in the sun than some of the other colors I've had. And, good point - black truly is a second marriage!!!

I've read somewhere on a detailing forum that the difference in temperature between a black paint vs a white or silver on a car is around 20-30 degrees. My first car was black and I just hated washing it so often and also getting into it on hot days. I have a car now with silver metallic paint and the flakes definitely pop. Silver is by no means sterile; it can be very beautiful and give off a very good shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back