I have decided to give GC a try in the new Audi 2.0T FSI motor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Junkie, you do see the difference between "is" and "was", don't you?

You're saying that 0w-30 was the factory fill in the past, and it's true. I confirm that as well.

And he's saying it's no longer the case for 2006. He's not claiming that 0w-30 has never been a factory fill. He's just saying it's not the case now. And that may also be true. It's not like Audi has committed to using 0w-30 as factory fill until the end of the world.

The atmosphere is very dense in this thread.

Even if Audi now uses a 5w-40, which there is ZERO indication of, that does not suddenly make it incorrect to refer to GC as a "Factory-Fill" oil. 0w-30 as Factory-Fill is a FACT, period. It's not a rumour that has been debunked by Doc Mike, and nothing he's shown even hints at Factory-Fill. He put forward his assumptions and false conclusions as fact, while dismissing what we know as "rumour". Neither his failed logic nor declaritive approach cuts it here. From my previous interactions with Mike, he is incapable of admitting mistake and apparently will continue down whatever path he started on, ad-infinitum...

quote:

You do see the photo of the owners manual I posted didnt you?

You do see the OEM part number for the Audi/VW oil as a 5w-40 dont you?

North American oil GC 0w-30 (an unapproved viscosity) as the factory fill over in Germany?

All you seem to be doing is making rude sarcastic remarks with false data.

Umm, last time I checked, GC was a GERMAN oil, 0w-30 was "Approved" and "rude" could be defined as demeaning other's opinions by assertions like using "false data" and believing "rumours". Fact and logic are the basis for my assertions, not the conjecture and ASSumptions that you propose nullifies them.

You should just apologize to the Forum for your mistaken notions and characterization of our research as "rumours", and call it a day.
nono.gif

So, as the only 0w-30 with VW 502 and the fact that owner's manuals CLEARLY states 0w-30 as Factory-Fill, with Castol being the Official oil of Audi...it's a slam-dunk that GC is a Factory-Fill oil for Audi. As for 0w-30 not being an "approved viscosity", maybe Mike should be alerting Castrol they are miss-representing their product with a 2006 date stamp and VW 502 on the bottle....because Mike knows "for a fact" it's not an "approved viscosity".
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back