I have always loved to watch F1 but....

Glad to see that their greed didn't work out.... You gotta wonder how folks that bought tickets or booked hotel rooms 6-12 months ago feel about this !

Ticket prices for the Las Vegas GP are plummeting
Cheapest Tickets On 10/8
Thursday: $385
Friday: $825
Saturday: $1,645

Current Get-In Prices
Thursday: $162 (-58%)
Friday: $312 (-62%)
Saturday: $1,087 (-34%)

Hotel prices have dropped 58%, too.

I'm honestly curious what Max has done or said this season to be perceived as arrogant. 9 races out of 10, he pulls ahead by several seconds just a few laps into the race, cruises to the end, and then tells the SkyTV reporter that the car was "simply lovely" to drive that day and thanks the team for doing a great job.
Max was quoted as saying that he almost blew through turn 4 because he was watching the duel between Alonso and Checo. LOL.

There's another video of him signing in the car while driving. I don't know if that is during or after the race. One thing is for sure and that's if Max beats you to Turn 1 he has already won.

Glad to see that their greed didn't work out.... You gotta wonder how folks that bought tickets or booked hotel rooms 6-12 months ago feel about this !
What they’re doing in Vegas is simply appalling, I’m glad people are standing up the bullying tactics.
I don’t really care what the folks that overpaid for the hotels feel like. They thought they were getting a deal, nobody forced them to buy. The same is true if people were waiting until last minute and the prices skyrocketed. You get what you get, don’t cry about it.

I mean, they are covering up walk overpasses so that anybody walking on them cannot see the race. It’s a public walkway and was paid by the taxpayer, what gives them the right to control that? Oh, I forgot, it’s money.

Last edited:
What they’re doing in Vegas is simply appalling, I’m glad people are standing up the bullying tactics.
I don’t really care what the folks that overpaid for the hotels feel like. They thought they were getting a deal, nobody forced them to buy. The same is true if people were waiting until last minute and the prices skyrocketed. You get what you get, don’t cry about it.

I mean, they are covering up walk overpasses so that anybody walking on them cannot see the race. It’s a public walkway and was paid by the taxpayer, what gives them the right to control that? Oh, I forgot, it’s money.

No question at all that F1 is all about making money. The teams combined used to spend like 3 billion dollars in 2000's.... I think they were hoping to cash in like they were selling superbowl tickets and now have realized they aren't at that level in the US!

Any track I've been too, they always block the view from the walkways and don't allow people to loiter up there, its a pretty dangerous place to be when the cars are going, just like you can't stand against the fence at a NASCAR race. Also from a crowd control standpoint, you can't have a walkway full of spectators. Obviously they are using the actual streets, so they can get exclusive use of public property for the duration of the event.

They showed a preview of the Vegas venue on Sunday night football.
I was skeptical at first but it looks awesome.
Lots of straights so should be a fair amount of passing. Cold at race time should put different teams in contention.
Max will lap the field, but otherwise should be interesting.

Vegas locals as a whole are some of the most miserable people you'd ever meet.

In any case the sidewalks and pedestrian overpasses in Nevada aren't necessarily "public".

No question at all that F1 is all about making money. The teams combined used to spend like 3 billion dollars in 2000's.... I think they were hoping to cash in like they were selling superbowl tickets and now have realized they aren't at that level in the US!

The F1 tix for sale in LV are at prices which are around 2x-3x higher than in the rest of the world. They were even higher a year ago.

Rumor is that McCarren Int'l airport won't have enough space for all the private jets so many are going to have flown/parked elsewhere (ex AZ)

Rumor is that McCarren Int'l airport won't have enough space for all the private jets so many are going to have flown/parked elsewhere (ex AZ)
It's not unusual for planes to land, drop off their passengers, then move to another location with sufficient space. I'll bet they have the same issue at many tracks in Europe. Or they land at an airport then use dozens and dozens of helicopters to bring them to the track. I mean, F1 is all about being environmentally-concious and sustainability, right ? 😂

Back