I had no idea the "Havoline Pro-DS LIFELONG" line was (1) an exclusive deal between Walmart and Chevron AND (2) that it's a High Mileage oil too.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Most people probably agree that having choices is a good thing. But when you’re talking about products on the retail shelf, too much choice can be problematic. For the retailer, it means having to carry multiple SKUs and take up more shelf space with variants of the same brand. For consumers, being confronted with too many choices at the shelf may result in them making no choice at all – meaning a lost sale opportunity.

The Havoline® motor oil team at Chevron has been working closely with Walmart, the largest retailer of Havoline products, to address this issue in the premium passenger car motor oil segment. The result of this collaboration is the new Havoline Lifelong Full Synthetic motor oil, a specially branded version of the Chevron Havoline PRO-DS® High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil, launching exclusively with Walmart. This top-tier synthetic is part of the new Havoline passenger car product line formulated to the GF-6 standard and introduced in the fourth quarter of 2020. What’s different about Havoline Lifelong Full Synthetic is that, unlike competing high-mileage offerings, it delivers outstanding performance at any stage in a vehicle’s life, from brand new to over 75,000 miles.

With Havoline Lifelong, Walmart won’t have to stock two separate SKUs to meet customer demand. And for do-it-yourself (DIY) oil changing consumers, the buying decision is easier, since they can have a single high-performance full synthetic motor oil that suits their needs at any mileage stage.

Havoline Lifelong is being sold in the eco-friendly Smart Change® package, which has proven immensely popular with customers, based on their feedback to Chevron. The 6-quart Smart Change package represents a better value than typical
5-quart jugs, and it uses 70% less plastic than quart bottles.

Walmart carries select Havoline products in some 1,200 stores, primarily in the southeastern United States. With the launch of Havoline Lifelong, Walmart is expanding its distribution of Havoline motor oil to an additional 250 stores, mostly in western states. The product will also be available at Walmart’s online store. Find out more about Havoline Lifelong and the Havoline Smart Change products at HavolineSmartChange.com.

Havoline Lifelong gives Chevron and Walmart a strong, competitive entry in the top-tier full synthetic high mileage category. And it gives consumers a single oil they can trust over the life of their cars – meaning they will very likely become loyal, “lifelong” customers for Havoline.
04/13/2021

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted Havoline Tech Support twice to ask a very specific question: "Is the Lifelong (LL) oil another High Mileage oil?" Both times I got zero answers to my questions. Instead I got a bunch of general statements about oils and was also provided with the information sheets of the LL oil, the HM oil and the full synthetic oil which I posted in another thread here recently. That was it. I even mentioned that the LL oil must be HM because the description specifically says it contains seal conditioners which the regular full synthetic oils do not ever say for Havoline or any other brand. Again, my remarks to the Havoline people were completed ignored. They simply did not want to admit LL oil is another HM oil. The only difference may be that the seal conditioners in the LL oil may be in a smaller quantity as compared to the HM synthetic.

Last edited:
I contacted Havoline Tech Support twice to ask a very specific question: "Is the Lifelong (LL) oil another High Mileage oil?" Both times I got zero answers to my questions. Instead I got a bunch of general statements about oils and was also provided with the information sheets of the LL oil, the HM oil and the full synthetic oil which I posted in another thread here recently. That was it. I even mentioned that the LL oil must be HM because the description specifically says it contains seal conditioners which the regular full synthetic oils do not ever say for Havoline or any other brand. Again, my remarks to the Havoline people were completed ignored. They simply did not want to admit LL oil is another HM oil. The only difference may be that the seal conditioners may be in a smaller quantity as compared to the regular synthetic.
Well they have always claimed the conditioner doesn't hurt younger seals so it's completely safe in newer cars so they just rebranded it and now Walmart frees up shelf space.

I contacted Havoline Tech Support twice to ask a very specific question: "Is the Lifelong (LL) oil another High Mileage oil?" Both times I got zero answers to my questions. Instead I got a bunch of general statements about oils and was also provided with the information sheets of the LL oil, the HM oil and the full synthetic oil which I posted in another thread here recently. That was it. I even mentioned that the LL oil must be HM because the description specifically says it contains seal conditioners which the regular full synthetic oils do not ever say for Havoline or any other brand. Again, my remarks to the Havoline people were completed ignored. They simply did not want to admit LL oil is another HM oil. The only difference may be that the seal conditioners in the LL oil may be in a smaller quantity as compared to the HM synthetic.
Yesterday I contacted Havoline tech support about Lifelong oil and asked about seal conditioners. Here is the response: "lifelong is a full synthetic and designed to work for new vehicles, and older or high mileage vehicles. It does not contain seal conditioners." I replied showing that Walmart and Chevron's website saying otherwise and even their Product Data Sheet says that the above oil contains seal conditioners. Will see what answer I get this time.

Yesterday I contacted Havoline tech support about Lifelong oil and asked about seal conditioners. Here is the response: "lifelong is a full synthetic and designed to work for new vehicles, and older or high mileage vehicles. It does not contain seal conditioners." I replied showing that Walmart and Chevron's website saying otherwise and even their Product Data Sheet says that the above oil contains seal conditioners. Will see what answer I get this time.
Yes and imagine if you will they haven't jacked their price up 20 or 25%!

Most people probably agree that having choices is a good thing. But when you’re talking about products on the retail shelf, too much choice can be problematic. For the retailer, it means having to carry multiple SKUs and take up more shelf space with variants of the same brand. For consumers, being confronted with too many choices at the shelf may result in them making no choice at all – meaning a lost sale opportunity.

The Havoline® motor oil team at Chevron has been working closely with Walmart, the largest retailer of Havoline products, to address this issue in the premium passenger car motor oil segment. The result of this collaboration is the new Havoline Lifelong Full Synthetic motor oil, a specially branded version of the Chevron Havoline PRO-DS® High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil, launching exclusively with Walmart. This top-tier synthetic is part of the new Havoline passenger car product line formulated to the GF-6 standard and introduced in the fourth quarter of 2020. What’s different about Havoline Lifelong Full Synthetic is that, unlike competing high-mileage offerings, it delivers outstanding performance at any stage in a vehicle’s life, from brand new to over 75,000 miles.

With Havoline Lifelong, Walmart won’t have to stock two separate SKUs to meet customer demand. And for do-it-yourself (DIY) oil changing consumers, the buying decision is easier, since they can have a single high-performance full synthetic motor oil that suits their needs at any mileage stage.

Havoline Lifelong is being sold in the eco-friendly Smart Change® package, which has proven immensely popular with customers, based on their feedback to Chevron. The 6-quart Smart Change package represents a better value than typical
5-quart jugs, and it uses 70% less plastic than quart bottles.

Walmart carries select Havoline products in some 1,200 stores, primarily in the southeastern United States. With the launch of Havoline Lifelong, Walmart is expanding its distribution of Havoline motor oil to an additional 250 stores, mostly in western states. The product will also be available at Walmart’s online store. Find out more about Havoline Lifelong and the Havoline Smart Change products at HavolineSmartChange.com.

Havoline Lifelong gives Chevron and Walmart a strong, competitive entry in the top-tier full synthetic high mileage category. And it gives consumers a single oil they can trust over the life of their cars – meaning they will very likely become loyal, “lifelong” customers for Havoline.
04/13/2021
The local Walmarts in this area don't generally stock Havoline brand motor oil products, or any other retail store that I have seen lately. Maybe that will change soon.

The local Walmarts in this area don't generally stock Havoline brand motor oil products, or any other retail store that I have seen lately. Maybe that will change soon.
Here I've seen only a rare box on display in the store. But they all have it online. So you can order it and pick it up or have it delivered free on an order of $35 or more!

i ordered a case of the blend for somewhere around $34. It came today. One box.

Walmart is paying FedEx to ship it back. There was no option to just get a partial refund, or to drop it off at the local Wally World.

Walmart is paying FedEx to ship it back. There was no option to just get a partial refund, or to drop it off at the local Wally World.
Gotta get online chat customer service, that’s the key.

Odd, I've ordered the 'case' (2 Boxes) of HM 5W30 now and they've done it correct both times.

Back