I got my Ariens Compact 24

Got my Ariens Compact 24 yesterday. Started it up today. It may be a bit quieter than my 8526, but it is easier to manuver with the Auto Turn capability. It also weights about 70 lbs less than my old machine. I won't have to manhandle this one so much. I've already taken the advice given on this forum and replaced the spark plug with the NGK BPR6ES.

My wife listed the old machine on FB marketplace. I went upstairs for about 10 minutes and when I came down, she said 'It's sold'. I said 'yeah, right'. She said it really is. Price agreed on and the guy is coming tonight. Other folks are interested also.

Here is a picture of both machines.

Attachments

• IMG_20210108_152029974.jpg
    IMG_20210108_152029974.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 131
They are nice machines. I've got the black painted sno-tek version built by Ariens. It's a 28" width, with the 208cc sno-tek engine and larger tires. I bought mine from Home Depot about 6yrs ago. It's been awesome for my ~200ft worth of driveway. Starts on the 1st pull every time. The only things I've had to replace on it is the fuel tank cap, the fuel on/off valve and the hose from the primer bulb to the carb. Soft parts are always sketchy on these Chinese engines, which even the high dollar machines have.

I'm fine with a 24" Ariens from the 70s, I re-powered with a Chonda. It is quieter, lighter, gets better MPG, best of all, it starts on the second pull on last yr's gas. It has been perfect for 6 yrs. I just wish it would get fluffier snow to throw.

Back