I got a "new" truck

So my 95 F150 failed state inspection. Needs a leaf spring and the front shock-spring towers. They aren't enforcing the law on that at present but I wanted to see what else was out there. Wound up with this, a 2008 silverado in W/T trim, with the 5.3 and 4 speed auto. First time I ever had an automatic truck. This thing flies!

It has 240k, an airbag light, was probably wrecked, has overspray everywhere, and is in quarantine right now. I drove home in a mask and gloves, wiped the control surfaces down with clorox wipes, took a shower, and laundered my clothes. It's still skeevy! Tires are wrecked, seller claims "needs alignment", sticker ran out last year. Seller owned it 2 months, never put the title in his name. I presbyterianed him down to $2200 and home she sits... in quarantine.
lol.gif

Lame as it is, it's not rusty!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice find! At least it's not rusty. Nice racing slicks too!

Between the dollar in the door and $.35 deposit in cans, you made out for only spending $2198.65.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
Go over it with a fine toothed comb looking for illegal crap like a worn out crack stem, rig(s).... .

I might even see if a local leo would have his dog sniff it out, since you just bought it. Better to find it now, than at a roadside stop!

The bed tells a lot.

Last edited:
I was about to say the same thing. Check all the "stash" locations to make sure you don't get pulled over and "the dog alerted sir, please step out the vehicle"

Id run the plates to make sure it wasn't used for smash an grab job. Owned only two months, not transferred title.......hmmm....

"Not rusty"? Then, what's going on with the left rear fender?

I think I'd do another wipe down, replace those seats, and go through every hidden compartment...
eek.gif

I think you got a Vermont truck. Did you see the cans and bottles in the bed? If it was a Maine truck it would have 800 cans in the bed!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Astro14

I think I'd do another wipe down, replace those seats, and go through every hidden compartment...
eek.gif

Exactly, the truck looks highly suspicious and in no way roadworthy with bald tires. Oh well, one mans junk is another mans treasure!

Well, that spare seems to have a lot of meat on it. I would go thru a different lane at the inspection station however. You wouldn't want to get the same guy.

I'm showering with my clothes on after just seeing the pics.

To me, that truck is rough even for you Sir.
11.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Astro14

eek.gif

Fender lip rust is a mere mid-life crisis point!

As for the seats, it'd look good with a Mexican blanket.
wink.gif

You're aware this is first gen "displacement on demand"? Hope the old boy isn't drinking oil.

Bonus in the door pocket, $1, a hitch ball, and a new hole saw! Report back with an inventory of useful stuff found!

I'll likely have nightmares about my old Pa rustbuckets after seeing that.

Originally Posted by AZjeff

You're aware this is first gen "displacement on demand"? Hope the old boy isn't drinking oil.

I was wrong, it's got the 4.8. It still rips. Guess I dodged a bullet there!

Originally Posted by eljefino

Clearly enough to light up the tires!

Nice find, overall I think you paid a very fair price given the condition. I think it's a smart idea to leave it in quarantine, probably just park it out in the sun for a week at least. After that to get yourself a few trashbags and get all that junk out. Be very careful, I agree with the above posters, There might actually be some needles laying around so you may want to wear some thick gloves just in case

Originally Posted by dishdude
Originally Posted by eljefino

Clearly enough to light up the tires!

I was told it has posi-traction! Between that and the ABS/trac it actually takes off pretty pretty good.

Going to have to go through the RPO codes when I'm not afraid to open the glovebox.

Back