I got a "new" truck

I've seen worse. It should be a good work truck. I would do the minimum to keep it running and just use it. It's not likely to be going on long trips. I would deal with the airbag light though. That could be serious or not. The airbag light was on in my colorado and it turned out to be a commonly occurring broken wire in the door.

My 2007 Silly W/T was the last 5 speed MT short box short bed 4x4 sold in the North east according to the Sales manager.

My Right rear tailight fell out on a bump though. Stripped threads at the factory. had a hard time getting Warranty repair on that.

Does it have a " Made in Fort Wayne Indiana" Union sticker?

TheLawnRanger: What year Colorado?

1) Double YES on cleaning out bad, illegal things.
INSPIRATIONAL ANECDOTE: I moved a guy's van and gave it a thorough walk around.
In it I found an ammo box which read ".45 auto". It had knives in it. Carpet cutting knives, as the owner was a carpet guy, but still "weapons", ooohhh.
I also found a telescoping striking weapon in the driver's door pocket.
A nasty leo could've taken either of those items wherever he wanted to at my expense.

2) Give us an underhood shot. Steam cleaning necessary?

Originally Posted by eljefino

As for the seats, it'd look good with a Mexican blanket.
wink.gif

Yes! Top that with the wood bead things.

Originally Posted by Zaedock
Nice find! At least it's not rusty. Nice racing slicks too!

Between the dollar in the door and $.35 deposit in cans, you made out for only spending $2198.65.

That orange extension cord in the truck bed looks serviceable. I'd knock another $10 off that total to get a net cost of $2,188.65.

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
Originally Posted by thastinger
You paid 2200 bucks for that thing?

That'd be a $4000-5000 truck around here.

Really?, its 2wd, with nearly 400k km. I would think it would be hard to get $2k for it here just with it full of junk but maybe its clean enough underneath that all that could be overlooked.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Yes, short box short bed is rare

is it a short bed? RCSB, nice. A 4.8 and 3.73's would make for a pretty nice setup; I'd think even 3.42's would be good.

Originally Posted by MNgopher
For not rusty, I'd hate to see what the definition of rusty is! And we do use a lot of salt around here (the rust on my 07 Explorer tells that tale) but yikes!

He only gave one photo of the frame, which didn't look bad. Would have to see more photos of the underside to say anything definitive (who cares what it looks like up top, it's what's underneath that matters).

Of course, with 240k on the clock, there's a decent chance that a) all the suspension parts have already been touched, or b) they're about to be.

It has an 8-foot bed. Seating for two! I dug around and couldn't find a center lap belt.

It's possible I snagged a seat sensor wire, as the airbag light wasn't on when I first started it up, but I then adjusted the seat. And it's full of junk under there.

The grill paint is a nightmare, I hope he didn't mist the AC condenser with overspray.

I already pressed the extension cord into service, charging the end-of-life battery. This thing has a battery up by the cowl on the passenger side, but room for another one behind the driver's headlight. Weird!

It has 3.23 gears. But still tears [censored].

(+) transponder chip key blanks are $6 on ebay. 4-packs of TPMS sensors are $25.
34.gif
I already have some oil filters for my FILs 5.3 van that I paid ~$1.37 for on rock auto, plenty of Dex VI, dexcool, and DOT3 fluid. Meeting a gentleman about some tires tomorrow.

Originally Posted by JTK
Is it a 4L60E in it? Maybe it's second?

Should be, and hard saying, not knowing. No complaints about how it runs or shifts (knock wood).

Originally Posted by Astro14
"Not rusty"? Then, what's going on with the left rear fender?

I think I'd do another wipe down, replace those seats, and go through every hidden compartment...
eek.gif

That's not rusty compared to mine!

I assume you live in jamaica, so yeah, an island would probably bring more.
Around here, that would be a 4-600 truck all day long and it wouldn't pass our basic safety inspection in present form. SB, 2WD, rusted out wheel well, bald tires, obvious wrecks, no bedliner, seat burns and stains. Not knocking the OP's new ride, just not seeing anywhere on the planet where that is a 5K truck.

I assume you live in jamaica, so yeah, an island would probably bring more.
Around here, that would be a 4-600 truck all day long and it wouldn't pass our basic safety inspection in present form. SB, 2WD, rusted out wheel well, bald tires, obvious wrecks, no bedliner, seat burns and stains. Not knocking the OP's new ride, just not seeing anywhere on the planet where that is a 5K truck.

No I live in Canada where most vehicles rust out within 10 years. Most people still don't do yearly undercoating and the local Krown dealer here in Kingston Ontario always misses half the undercarriage so it's going to rust out either way if you go there. I undercoat mine myself.

Caprice, I hear you. Provided the cab corners are solid, it's relatively clean underneath, runs and drives fine, that truck would have sold easily for $2200 in the Buffalo area as well. Or double that for Canadian $.

Last edited:
Look what the cat dragged home... Load Range E Mastercraft LT245-70r17s. Set of four for $60!

One has bead sealer goo on it and a plug, but I won't let that bother me. These things are heavy!

[Linked Image]

Back