I get my Corvette on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I got tired of waiting for the black 97 Corvette which I was going to buy from the dealer who bought it in Florida, so this morning I found an even better car, a black on black 98 Corvette coupe, with only 32k on it! Another bonus is that it's been upgraded with the 00-04 Corvette chrome wheels instead of the ugly (IMHO) original wheels that come on the 98s. It's in like new condition, has almost every option on it and has only had one owner, who I'm pretty sure never drove this car in the rain, let alone snow. He traded it in on a new G35 coupe, and that Infiniti dealer is where I bought it.

So I'll be getting the car this Saturday morning now! I bet I would've waited at least two weeks for that other car to arrive, and I doubt it would've been as nice as this one.

I'm so excited, this is a dream come true for me! I've wanted one ever since I toured the assembly plant in 1997 (and did it again in 1998, so maybe I saw this one being built!!)

Cool.
burnout.gif

Congrats!! I'm happy for you Patman. Are you putting GC right away? Any mods or Zaino plans?

Doh!

I want a C5 too, cant take it anymore
smile.gif

Hoepfully the previous owner stayed with M1 and not changed to sleazy Castrol Sham-Tec.

So what are the maintenence mods to-do? RP? GC? RL? Transmission/Engine changeover too?

Any LS1 piston slapping noticed?

Will Mallett, Lingenfelter or GMPP get bolted on her soon? That LS6 intake upgrade looks nice too
smile.gif

I need to get in a C5 too soon.

Keep the board posted with the Lubricant and maintenence mods.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Congrats!! I'm happy for you Patman. Are you putting GC right away? Any mods or Zaino plans?

I'll be putting in GC on Saturday afternoon, and will do a coat of Zaino within the first two weeks for sure. As far as mods go, I plan on only doing a couple this year, I will modify the stock airbox, and I will get it dyno tuned. Both of those together should be worth about 15-20hp.

quote:

Originally posted by outrun:

So what are the maintenence mods to-do? RP? GC? RL? Transmission/Engine changeover too?

Any LS1 piston slapping noticed?

The engine sounded piston slap free!
smile.gif

I probably won't do the trans fluid until the fall, and I'll do the fuel filter then too. Then I'll do the coolant flush and fill around then also.

Way to go Patman!! I know you have been waiting a long time for the C5. I think the '98 LS1's got better gas mileage than the newer ones with the LS6 intake. I remember you got good mileage with your LS1 and the 98 A4 Z28 I had got 28 mpg. Not bad for a car that was limited to only 160 mph.

Les

quote:

Originally posted by Les:
Way to go Patman!! I know you have been waiting a long time for the C5. I think the '98 LS1's got better gas mileage than the newer ones with the LS6 intake. I remember you got good mileage with your LS1 and the 98 A4 Z28 I had got 28 mpg. Not bad for a car that was limited to only 160 mph.

Les

Since this C5 has the auto with the optional 3.15s, it won't get as good gas mileage as my previous 6 speed LS1 did (which was 31.0 MPG with the 3.42s and 30.0 MPG with the 4.10s on the highway) But it should do better in daily driving than my 3.23 geared LT1 f-body. Plus it should get better once I get it dyno tuned, so that I get it leaned out a bit (which should also help to reduce carbon buildup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back