I challenge our metal fans to try something new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: DriveHard
If you want real metal with a BEAUTIFUL female voice, check out early Tristania. Favorite album is "World of Glass". Most might consider it symphonic metal. The new stuff is NOT metal...so have to dig a bit.

Checking it out now, thanks for the recommendation
thumbsup2.gif

I see your point, but I do not consider 5FDP metal. They're just not. "Heavy Rock" is just getting heavier.

I don't like who I like because they're not "mainstream," I like them because it's what I like.

I'd love to hear Pig Destroyer on the radio.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I see your point, but I do not consider 5FDP metal. They're just not. "Heavy Rock" is just getting heavier.

I don't like who I like because they're not "mainstream," I like them because it's what I like.

I'd love to hear Pig Destroyer on the radio.

I understand that, but they are officially classified as metal
wink.gif
As I said, they are just on the lighter end of the spectrum. Nothing wrong with that, IMHO, I like how broad the genre has become. What do you think of Semblant?

This song has been playing a fair bit on Liquid Metal (my favorite Sirius channel) and hey it's just not my cup of tea. That's the beauty of metal though, it's loaded with sub genre's and somewhere you find your fit.

Slayer, Carcass and Testament played Edmonton in March and what an awesome performance from all three bands. Carcass blew my mind when they played this long time favorite of mine:

SEMBLANT is not for me. If you want a good female metal vocalist, check out Katherine Katz' work in Salome or Agoraphobic Nosebleed. Agorapocalypse is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Then you have Arch Enemy's reinvention, with front woman Alissa White-Gluz from The Agonist and Kamelot:

The Avalanche is the one to take away from this video. And she's not bad to look at
wink.gif

:thumbup:

I was just watching Arch Enemy with Alissa, LOL!
cheers3.gif

I will watch those other two, thanks for the recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back