i am nieve

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a while back I posted a thread asking how ecore filters hold up in comparison to others. Little did I know I was running a wal mart super tech on my other car for two years with no probs. I just realized that the st is an ecore. Anyhow I love this filter, but so many people on. You tube are quick to say a fram is better. I did however notice that when I went to stock up for my next oil change on my dodge that the. Ecore I bought is about a half inch shorter than the fram. What's up with that?

Originally Posted By: grease_monkey
So a while back I posted a thread asking how ecore filters hold up in comparison to others. Little did I know I was running a wal mart super tech on my other car for two years with no probs. I just realized that the st is an ecore. Anyhow I love this filter, but so many people on. You tube are quick to say a fram is better. I did however notice that when I went to stock up for my next oil change on my dodge that the. Ecore I bought is about a half inch shorter than the fram. What's up with that?

They eliminated the bypass at the bottom, that way they made some space. It has a thread end bypass now.

Fram better? I dont think so. Less media, the center tube is weaker, and the anti drainback valve doesnt seal as well.

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
The only fram that is better than even a ST is the ExtendedGuard.

+1

Quote:
Fram better? I dont think so. Less media, the center tube is weaker, and the anti drainback valve doesnt seal as well.

+1

Last edited:
You Tube?
33.gif

Originally Posted By: grease_monkey
So a while back I posted a thread asking how ecore filters hold up in comparison to others. Little did I know I was running a wal mart super tech on my other car for two years with no probs. I just realized that the st is an ecore.

Silly question- are you sure your application is an Ecore? Not all SuperTechs are Ecores, very roughly half(?) of them or so. You don't mention what your other car is...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back