I am back... and DONE with pharmacy school classes

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep. done with the 3-yr college part, no more classes!!!: Had the last exam Tuesday, and passed! and slept most of the time till now, catching up on all the lost sleep.. this last semester was brutal, but I did pretty ok at the end, I think...

anyway now a few free days, and starting Aug, 9 months of rotations (internships) in different pharmacy settings, and then Board Exam, and then I will be a pharmacist... hope all that will go well, too...

I am really relieved to be done with all the classes, which means I'll graduate in "normal" time with all others in my class who made it so far...the most difficult part over, and now to get a bit of a taste of the real/practical side of pharmacy...

Encouragement I got from my wifey (who's already a pharmacist), my parents, and several good friends in my class, and YOU GUYS here at bitog (yeah, remember all those times I freaked out that I failed an exam and you guys told me i was probably ok? yep that helped a lot guys..more than you think) helped me get through, at a rather late age to get through this murderous program :)
Now I can see a definite light at the end of the tunnel...rotations are not bad at all, compared to classes, everyone tells me.

So although I'll still be busy, I have a lot more time now to be here...

Just wanted share and THANK YOU all for your support!
Cheers!

Congrats !!!!
thumbsup2.gif

Whats the drop out rate in Pharmacy school ?
I'm sure its very tough was sooo much math.

I just started medical school in February, for medical billing and coding- the [censored] I am learning I can be a doctor when I am finished.

I was wondering what happened to you. Good job on finishing pharmacy school.

I wanted to be a pharmacist at one point but getting a D in Calculus my first year of college discouraged me. Freaking need a 3.9x GPA to get into a school. I was no where close to that.

Happy to have you back.

Welcome back home (to BITOG). We have missed you. Congratulations!! We are all proud of you.

Helen

Congratulations. My middle son is finishing up his first year at Pharm. D at University of Oklahoma so I know a tad about the hard work you put in. It is amazing the rigorous study required. Again, congratulations on a job well done...and earned

I've been thinking about Pharmacy as a new career. But 5-6 years of school + a gang of student loan debt, that's a tough call indeed.

Congratulations.

I;m not too happy with my local pharmacy. They always try push their herbs over the chemical goodies.

Hey 97bird... you should talk to the guy that hangs out at the corner down at the end of our street.
He has very little schooling but can sell you anything that you need in the way of "pharmacy".
He could have saved you a lot of wasted time in college.
21.gif

CONGRATS on your accomplishment !!! Well done.
thumbsup2.gif

P.B.

Congratulations my friend. When you get through are you and the wife going to take another cross country trip to celebrate?

A BIG
thumbsup2.gif
to you.

Good job! Getting through scholl IS tough, but the feeling when you have accomplished what you set out to do is AWESOME!

Good luck in your next phase......

Quote:
I've been thinking about Pharmacy as a new career. But 5-6 years of school + a gang of student loan debt, that's a tough call indeed.

Don't be afraid of student loans if you will be making twice the amount of money you are currently making.
I you don't like your current job, I say go for it.

I gave a career Pharmacology serious consideration until I noticed one day at my local CVS that my pharmacist is still at work at 9:30 at night and works weekends. NO THANKS.

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
I gave a career Pharmacology serious consideration until I noticed one day at my local CVS that my pharmacist is still at work at 9:30 at night and works weekends. NO THANKS.

Most of the salaried folk work like that.

Unrelated:

A few years ago, my tax guy spelled it "Farmacy" on our tax return. I couldn't believe it.

Good thing he was good at numbers...or at least the computer was...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back