I always thought Fluoride was good for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also read somewhere it hardens arteries along with teeth. Typical chemical dumped on all of us without knowing the long term effects.

John

My understanding is that it was a by-product of some manufacturing process. Instead of paying the money to dispose of it, they decided that dumping in the drinking water was better.

Listen to your conspiracy theories! Fluoride is only in certain percentages because it is a dangerous, powerful chemical, put in the water by the gub'ment...

"Studies show that Sodium Fluoride is hazardous to health. Water fluoridation is practiced predominantly in America. However, many other countries including Canada, Australia, Brazil, New Zealand, Spain, Ireland and the UK are also heavily fluoridated."

If you want to avoid it altogether you would need to drink water processed by reverse osmosis, deionization, or distillation. Or, I suppose, you could go with a well or spring, assuming you test the water to make sure it is otherwise safe. A lot of heavy metals and radioactive elements are naturally occurring in well and spring water.

Topical application of fluoride, like in toothpaste, may have some benefit, but ingesting it in drinking water offers no benefit to the teeth.

I try to avoid it altogether.

Originally Posted By: mmack66
Topical application of fluoride, like in toothpaste, may have some benefit, but ingesting it in drinking water offers no benefit to the teeth.

Never mind bathing in it, or watering your lawn or garden.

It's a waste and a toxin.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Here in Windsor, city council just voted to remove it from our water. If I am not mistaken, this is a trend gathering steam.

In Hawaii, they are planning to add it into our water. We have a lot of agriculture here and adding it would affect the soil and gardening techniques.

Water itself can kill you if you drink too much of it.

I agree fluoride isn't really necessary if you're properly taking care of your teeth but the people saying the government is, essentially, trying to kill us and feed us a poison or a toxic chemical byproduct and other [censored] need to get a new hobby.

Fluoride exists naturally in water in many places too.

Originally Posted By: RiceCake

Fluoride exists naturally in water in many places too.

The tap water in the southern half of Colorado Springs is snow melt that runs through all the mines on the southern part of Pikes Peak. It has gobs of natural fluoride (more than most artificial fluoridation levels from what I've read). In fact, that is how dentists learned about fluoride because people living in Colorado Springs had less instances of tooth decay! Water in many western cities has natural fluoride.

Last edited:
^Me, too. According to some we are throwing off our electrolyte balance and leaching minerals from our bones.

I guess I have to die of SOMETHING.

Clinical studies of Sodium Fluoride show that it reduces decay rates by about 20%...sodium fluorosilicate isn't sodium fluoride, and 20% is a pretty lousy success rate to add it to every drop of water used in a municipality.

Has just been introduced locally, when even the local dentists blamed kids walking around with pint bottles of soft drinks as the problem.

It's ridiculous, as it's medication without a dosage.

My children drink a couple of litres of water each per day, which would give them (and their already blemish free teeth) teeth 3mg, while the coke swilling guttersnipes are getting none.

Council can't even control the chlorinator to the point that it doesn't smell like a swimming pool half the time.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
If you want to avoid it altogether you would need to drink water processed by reverse osmosis, deionization, or distillation. Or, I suppose, you could go with a well or spring, assuming you test the water to make sure it is otherwise safe. A lot of heavy metals and radioactive elements are naturally occurring in well and spring water.

I get my water from a well and it hasn't killed me yet. Having your water tested by a government test lab only costs about $10. It sure beats getting your water from the Trinity River, as a lot of the city of Dallas does.

Ha ha! No kidding! The tap water around here has a lot of chlorine and has been increasing in hardness steadily over the years, as impounded reservoirs will often do. I did not mean to suggest that well water was unhealthy, just that it needs to be tested periodically to be sure. The stuff that will kill you is not the stuff you can see or taste.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr2bSL5VQgM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back