Hyundai's Progress worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryL,

Two of my relatives had brand new Audi 5000, one a S version and one a Quattro, the S version needed new front end in under 30000 miles and the Quattro which was driven by an older relative gave myriads of trouble, just like your problems. I had made both of them buy the Audi as it had some edge over other cars of that era, that is the late 80s, things like 4WD, true rust proof body etc. and the 5000 looked really nice, unique for that time, I was also a VW fan at than time since I owned a VW GTi 16V so when they asked me for car advice, the choice was ominous, sadly VW GTi was history for me after the engine developed crankshaft harmonics problem and so were the Audis of both my relatives.

Oy... nice going there. Anyway, I never can even remember what an Audi 4000 or 5000 was. We never played the number inflation game in Germany, but unfortunately we peddled the Santana, Quantum or one and the other lame VW as an Audi in the NA and possibly other markets.

PS: Audis don't have 4WD, they have AWD.
wink.gif

80s Audis have self destructed or vaporized, unlike the pile you see, at least those pile have super high mileage on them, more than what I can expect from Audi. As for my stories, at least they are far more objective than your illogical and biased Audi rantings, pretty understandable since you took out a second mortgage for your farm to pay for the Audi and decided to stay in the Audi itself, do you ever think clearly or the smoke from your Audi along with the pesticides have clogged your brain cells.

Moribundman,

AWD is permanent 4WD over any surface so its a matter of terminology and technicality but yes, if you want to call Audi and Subaru AWD, so be it, either way is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back