Hyundai Recalls Nearly 38,000 Elantra Hybrids Over Unintended Acceleration Risk

So does a car that won’t stop average out the one that did stop due to a blown engine? Thus making the average Hyundai now ok?

I remember that Audi had this problem. And I was driving one and actually had it happen. Was in cruise and the car just floorboarded itself. Lucky I was on an open highway and not in traffic. Had to shut it down. Really scary.

This isn't their first time at this rodeo. Cars from as far back as 2005 were involved in an investigation of unintended acceleration due to faulty throttle control systems.

Everything old is new again.
Us ''seasoned citizens'' remember broken GM motor mounts and the cable engine restraint retrofit from the sixties with the engine lifting pulling the rod actuated carbs wide open when the D side mount let loose. Had it happen in my '67 Caprice.

So does a car that won’t stop average out the one that did stop due to a blown engine? Thus making the average Hyundai now ok?
So when a thief steals a Hyundai, and it runs away at full throttle until the engine blows.... What do we call that? A hat trick.

Or Kumbaya.

Back