Hyundai oil question!

Doesa 2023 Santa Fe require full syn oil to protect the 100k engine warranty. Asking for a friend.
Yes it’s does and Hyunda/Kia prefer Quaker State motor oils . Protection for your Santa Fe is a must and do so using Quality Quaker State motor oils .🤓🤓

No, nothing in the owners manual says anything about synthetic oil (you did read your owners manual, right, but apparently not since you are asking this question).
Section 2-12 of your owners manual
oil..o.JPG

I'm assuming so. Our 2021 Kia Forte requires synthetic so I'd be surprised if it were different for the Santa Fe.
So it says in the owners manual you have that it is required?

The online manual for the 2021 Forte mentions nothing about synthetic oil being required.

oil....JPG

Last edited:
No, nothing in the owners manual says anything about synthetic oil (you did read your owners manual, right, but apparently not since you are asking this question).
Section 2-12 of your owners manual
View attachment 185832

So it says in the owners manual you have that it is required?

The online manual for the 2021 Forte mentions nothing about synthetic oil being required.

View attachment 185831
You're correct. I could have sworn I read that in there but I double checked my printed manual and it does not require synthetic.

Thanks for the responses.
The Santa Fe was on a trip to Branson, so I could not look at the manual .

Listing 0w20 and 0w30 as the specified viscosity is a back handed way of requiring synthetic since almost all of them are.
My thoughts exactly.
Are there any conventional or syn blends that meet the engine oil specifications in the manual? Asking for a friend :)

Yet had internet access and time to post the question here but not look for your owners manual???

Just messing with you BTW.
Sometimes we forget we have access to everything.
Ima just leave this here…

You’ll find 0w20 in a blend but I never seen 0w30 in a synthetic blend. For the money difference I can’t see why anyone would go with 0w20 blend and not full synthetic

Back