Hyundai Ioniq

Status
Not open for further replies.
bought one for my son today to commute to college with. got the SEL model for 20900. 5k under msrp. this is the second hyundai we have purchased in 6 months. gets 55/54 mileage.

i have mostly bought japanese makes in the past and the first hyundai we liked enough to buy one more. also the warranty is awesome. 5/60k 10/100k powertrain and lifetime on the battery.

car is very tight with no rattles. interior is good, but could use a bit less plastic and more soft touch. for a commuter car its ok. got heated seats , all the safety features and adaptive cruise and auto temp control.

here is the same trim as the one we got

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6g84t6GLvs

I have looked at and contemplated an Ioniq but I haven't found that kind of 'deal'......I had a dealer giving me $3500 off sticker but he was making $800 back on 'doc fees'.....At any rate....my daughters 2008 Elantra is a strong and reliable car.....Hyundai has come a long way since I had a 1986 Excel ghetto car (a beater you buy cheap to take into work in the city....where it may very well be stolen or vandalized...).

Originally Posted by pbm
I have looked at and contemplated an Ioniq but I haven't found that kind of 'deal'......I had a dealer giving me $3500 off sticker but he was making $800 back on 'doc fees'.....At any rate....my daughters 2008 Elantra is a strong and reliable car.....Hyundai has come a long way since I had a 1986 Excel ghetto car (a beater you buy cheap to take into work in the city....where it may very well be stolen or vandalized...).

yeah this dealers is an odd duck. i went to all the hyundai dealers within 50 miles and non would even come close to this deal. they all said they don't know how they do it.

How do you like the 6 speed automatic? I almost test drove one but settled on a prius.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
Got the SEL model for 20,900. 5k under msrp. gets 55/54 mileage
... the warranty is awesome: 5/60k 10/100k powertrain and lifetime on the battery.

Wow..... that has got to be one of the best automotive value/price vehicles anywhere now.

If I were in the market for a new car, this would be extremely difficult to ignore!

I'm not interested in a hybrid, but Hyundai is who I'm looking at for a PEV SUV that meets my needs in 5-8 years. They seem to be doing the best in the PEV department right now, IMO

Originally Posted by eljefino
How do you like the 6 speed automatic? I almost test drove one but settled on a prius.

we mostly drove it in electric mode most of the time ,but when the gas engine kicked in it was seemless . trans is good. i like it better than any CVT i have driven. i , like many had to get used to pushing the start button , but not hearing any starter whirl. weird sensation. i was also surprised at how peppy it was. not going to beat a bmw , but quick enough for everyday use

First thing we did was give it a good coat of sealant. like most new car from the factory there was nothing on the paint. my sons got a lead foot and even with that when i asked him how much the mpg was he said the car was showing 47 mpg. i think if he drives it conservatively he will get 60 mpg

I have a 2017 Ioniq hybrid. Bought as soon as they came out. I have put 46,500 miles on it in barely over 2 years. Very nice car and have had no problems.

was able to drive it longer distance today. about 60 mile round trip mixed city and freeway. saw 53mpg on the meter. my son has driven it about 175 miles and it still says 430 miles to empty. so in theory it should get about 600 miles to a tank of gas the way he drives. i think it will get better once the electronics settle down. the battery is only 50% full even after 175 miles.

thing is so smooth . some reviews say its noisy and lacks power. i found neither in my driving. make me want to buy one for myself

Originally Posted by WhyMe
i think it will get better once the electronics settle down. the battery is only 50% full even after 175 miles.

With a hybrid, the battery will rarely show full charge, generally only after some downhill running in EV mode, especially when using regen to control vehicle speed.
Battery charge is always used to assist the gas engine in moving the car, so you'll see battery charge vary widely in normal driving.
The goal isn't to achieve full battery charge but to use battery charge as available to contribute to the motive power needed to drive the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back