Hyundai Equus - New for 2011 - Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Baseless I think not. I have worked on and driven many premium vehicles and have heard first hand accounts and read many other accounts of their poor reliability, especially in the electrical components area.

Entirely baseless. You said:

Also sad that they will probably have far less reliability problems than the German brands seem to have, but will be tossed aside as a choice for a "Premium Snob Mobile" because it doesn't bare the name BMW/Audi/LEXUS etc. or their overpricing too! *SIGH*

- You are assuming a car that isn't even in production is going to have fewer reliablity problems than the Germans. The simple truth is the more complex a car becomes the greater the potential for reliability issues (especially electrical). Up to now, Hyundai doesn't have much of a history with high end, gadget loaded vehicles.

- You are assuming the "Premium Snob Mobile" buyers won't accept the Equus.

- You are assuming the Equus is a legit competitor to BMW/Audi/Lexus.

As the owner of a Genesis 4.6, I'll add my two cents. The only thing I don't like about the Equus, is that Hood Ornament. (I don't even think that hood ornaments like that are legal anymore because people could get impaled).

Equus will have both the 3.8 and 4.6 engines, just like the Genesis. My 4.6 gets fantastic fuel milage for a V8. I've taken it on two long trips, both starting from Central Florida. In April, we went to El Paso, then Phoenix, the Roswell. Averaged 27.5 mpg for that trip, mostly 75mph on the Interstates. In May, I went to Rochester NY, then to Lake George NY. Averaged 28.0 mpg. I'm now pushing 13,000 miles on the car. The V6 should get even better.

You can read more about the Equus, in the Equus Forum of Genesisowners.com Thats where I normally hang out .
(You can also read the Good, the Bad and the Ugly about the Genesis.)

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Baseless I think not. I have worked on and driven many premium vehicles and have heard first hand accounts and read many other accounts of their poor reliability, especially in the electrical components area.

Entirely baseless. You said:

Also sad that they will probably have far less reliability problems than the German brands seem to have, but will be tossed aside as a choice for a "Premium Snob Mobile" because it doesn't bare the name BMW/Audi/LEXUS etc. or their overpricing too! *SIGH*

- You are assuming a car that isn't even in production is going to have fewer reliablity problems than the Germans. The simple truth is the more complex a car becomes the greater the potential for reliability issues (especially electrical). Up to now, Hyundai doesn't have much of a history with high end, gadget loaded vehicles.

- You are assuming the "Premium Snob Mobile" buyers won't accept the Equus.

- You are assuming the Equus is a legit competitor to BMW/Audi/Lexus.

Now I understand what you meant...

This is hilarious. Some here are complaining about people living in North America and their spending/habits/wants/desires etc...how their view is the worldly enlightened one...yet they complain about cars NOT EVEN BUILT IN NORTH AMERICA!

Come on guys. Anyone spend anytime in other countries and other continents? It may shock some of you Canucks but there are well off people everywhere...and many/most of them like things expensive, showoff, fast, large, extravagant be they autos, planes, boats, homes, clothes, jewelry on and on and on and on. Geezzz

You can have your views and how you want to live your lives..that is fine with me. However I am tired of the trashing of our way of life and our countries. Enough is enough.

BTW here are some sales figures for BMW. While the US is the largest market, many countries buy a lot of these vehicles.

The USA remained the largest single market for BMW and MINI cars in 2007. With a sales volume of 335,840 units (2006: 313,603 units /+7.1%), the BMW Group sold more vehicles there than ever before.
On top of this, BMW was the most popular European premium brand among US customers in 2007. In total, 293,795 BMW brand cars (2006: 274,432 units, +7.1%) were sold in the United States, making it the most successful European car brand on the US market in 2007.

Germany is the second largest market in volume terms, with 284,523 new registrations of BMW Group vehicles (2006: 296,930 new registrations). As a result of the higher value added tax rate and the uncertainty caused by the on-going CO2 debate, it was not quite possible to match the previous year's high level. With a 4.2% decrease, the BMW Group nevertheless performed significantly better than the German market as a whole (-9.2%).

Double-digit growth was achieved in each of the following markets representing places three to six for the BMW Group: 173,685 units (2006: 153,957/+12.8%) were sold in Great Britain,

106,985 units (2006: 96,458 units/+10.9%) in Italy,

72,849 units (2006: 63,040 units/+15.6%) in Spain

65,081 units (2006: 52,875 units/+23.1%) in France.

Good retail sales volume performances were also recorded on the fast growing markets of China with 51,588 units (2006: 36,357 units/+41.9%)

Russia with 14,686 units (2006: 9,505 units /+54.5%) and

India with 1,387 units (2006: 257 units/+439.7%).

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I said the same thing not to long ago. calling Tim H
LOL.gif

Don't get me started!!!!
spankme2.gif

grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back