Hyundai Brand Oil Filters- w/pics--seems good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rand
My favorite thing about the owners manual is the oil recommendation section.
It recommends anything from 0w20 to 20w50 with an overlapping climate chart.. Yey for not dumbing down the manual.

The shop manual for my friend's 1992 Honda Accord is like that as well, listing 5W-20 to 20W-50 depending on climate.

Strangely enough, the upper range for 5W-30 and 10W-30 are not the same, even though they're both 30-weight oils at operating temperatures. Go figure.

Originally Posted By: heypete
Originally Posted By: Rand
My favorite thing about the owners manual is the oil recommendation section.
It recommends anything from 0w20 to 20w50 with an overlapping climate chart.. Yey for not dumbing down the manual.

The shop manual for my friend's 1992 Honda Accord is like that as well, listing 5W-20 to 20W-50 depending on climate.

Strangely enough, the upper range for 5W-30 and 10W-30 are not the same, even though they're both 30-weight oils at operating temperatures. Go figure.

same in my camry's 05 manual in australia.

i have been told on here that some years ago 5w-30 was less shear stable than 10w-30 under high temps.

i have also been told on here that this is no longer the case and to ruin 5w-30 with confidence.

i still run 10w-30 though. never freezes here though so i can easily do 20w-50 too.

Originally Posted By: TedSexington
It actually looks like a NPN filter.

Yep - it looks the same as the Union Sangyo filters that I used on the '94 Accord that we had. They are quality filters - same manufacturer as NPN and Nippon as far as I know.

Andrew S.

Anyone got the specs? I understand there is a hi 20 lb pressure relief compared to most other filters?

two-filters-cut-up.jpg

top-off-of-filters.jpg

two-filters-gutted.jpg

two-filter-bottom.jpg

two-filters-top-close-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back